Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Has anybody played with the music files?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigchief
Seaman

5304 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Has anybody played with the music files? Reply with quote

There are a few songs that I would rather not have to dance to. I do OK dancing to them, but it is not nearly as easy to get the best dance out of them. Most of the songs are fine. I am wondering if I could just remove, or rename, the offending songs, and the game would skip over them when selecting the song to play. Or, maybe the game requires that every song has to be there when making the selection. In that case, I wonder if I can copy one of the good songs and give it the same file name as the bad song, or would the dance be totally off and the girl be doing doing the wrong steps to the spoofed song.

If anybody has played with this, please post what you have found out. If not, I am going to play around with it some this weekend.
crabber338
Powder Monkey

1253 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder this myself, because I don't think the game is able to recognize BPM (beats per minute) and meter [from a WAV file for example]. Perhaps each song is listed elsewhere with it's respective BPM and meter to determine the dance style.

It would be interesting to have the governor's daughter keep beat to the Safety Dance. I would pay goood money for that Wink
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say dance to aggro-techno-punk crazy scary music. Perhaps waltz to Atari Teenage Riot.

either that or perhaps Material Girl by Madonna. Damn ruby rings...love me for what me be
bigchief
Seaman

5304 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it both ways and neither one worked. The game crashed when I just removed the songs I didn't like. When I replaced the songs I didn't like with a good song, renamed to the name of the song I replaced, it played the song I wanted it to, but the girl still danced to beat of the replaced song. It was a very interesting dance, listening to one song and trying to follow her movements that didn't match the beat. So, if you are not one who listens to the beat when you dance, you can replace the music with whatever you like.
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you at least get it to play???

I have been trying like crazy to add my own custom wave files for the tavern (the disney pirates of the caribbean theme) to no avail!

I put them right where the custom pack was and nada...changed it to those names too!
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...I sort of got it to work, at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: