Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Three new graphic mods
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fab
Swabbie

866 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Three new graphic mods Reply with quote

The first mod is simply one to remove the "winged hourglass" insignia on your topsail. It might be different if they explained why that was your symbol, but they didn't, so I don't want it on my ships. The fpk file when placed in your Custom directory replaces it with a clean white sail with nothing on it.

Fab's Blank Topsail Pack

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second mod adds an eyepatch over your right eye. The files are actually from Blagger's eye patch work, but I didn't care for the scar that came with it or the sideburns, so I removed them both and left only the eye patch. The fpk file when placed in your Custom directory will add an eye patch to you whether young, middle-aged, or old.

Fab's Eyepatch Pack

Also for good measure, in case you didn't read about it or pick it up from the original thread, I also have a flag pack which replaces all flags in the game with their historical equivalents. Also included in the latest revision is the ability for the player to also choose the French royal colors or the 1606 version of the British Union Jack. The readme explains in more detail.

Fab's Blue Pants and Black Boots Pack

The last mod changes your buckskin pants and boots to blue pants with red piping and your boots to black suede. The color is inspired by Han Solo's pants from Star Wars. The file is very large so this is a RAR instead of a ZIP. When the fpk file is put into your Custom directory it will replace all your pants and boots with the new color scheme. This will work in all cases, regardless of nationality, rank, which armor you wear (or don't wear), and so on. That's the reason for the size of the file, I had to make a custom dds file for each rank (nationalities for each rank), plus armor types for fencing and the like. The point is, it works in all cases. If you notice a place where you see the old pants or boots, let me know what nationality you were at the time, what rank, or if you were fencing what armor you had on, or if you were in prison, etc. and I'll make a correction.

Fab's Flag Pack
"My lord, it is a very hard sentence. For my part, I am the innocentest person of them all, only I have been sworn against by perjured persons." -- Captain Kidd, May 9, 1701, upon hearing his sentence of death by hanging.

Last edited by Fab on Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Civrules
Cutthroat

4032 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Awesome work. Thanks a lot. Cool
Marduk
Powder Monkey

8 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I never liked the winged hourglass, now I can get rid of it. Very Happy
Nefarious
Swabbie

159 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Fab,
Thanks for the clean topsail mod; helps my custom sails stand out. Very Happy

Regarding the 'bluepants and black boots' mod: I can't seem to get it to work. As an honorably discharged Grunt (USMC), the thought of my character wearing traditional Dress Blue Bloodstripes is desirable. However, when attempted, my character maintains his buckskins.

Your topsail went without a hitch. I feel, therefore, that I'm missing a step in unpacking the rar and converting it to a recognisable fpk. Could you please...slowly...take an old dog through the steps of this new trick? A step by step guide would be greatly appreciated...I know I'm missing something obvious, but I'm at my end after 90 minutes of fighting it. Thanks for any help rendered.

BTW, is there a chance of indulging me? The blue pants with the red stripe, but keeping the original boots? Just a thought, as I have NO idea how these files were originally written. Again, thanks for any and all guidance.
Nef
Fab
Swabbie

866 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you want the blue pants. You're right, I never thought of the Marine dress blues, but you're 100% right. I always loved the enlisted blues with the red piping. And that's exactly what this looks like.

Anyway, if you have the WinRAR program you should be able to double click on the fab_bluepants.rar file and have it open right up into WinRAR. The icon will look like a stack of books bundled up like in the old days. If the icon appears like the standard "Not sure what to do with this file" icon or if double clicking it doesn't do anything or you know for a fact you don't have WinRAR, go to http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar341.exe which will download the installation program. Run that and you will have WinRAR on your machine.

Now doubleclick on the fab_bluepants.rar file and it will open into the WinRAR panel. From there, click on the bluepants.fpk file and then click the Extract To button at the top. Browse through until you see the Custom folder in your Pirates! installation in the Destination Path bar. Then click OK. That should do it. Post back here and let me know a) if you got it to work and b) what you thought of it.
"My lord, it is a very hard sentence. For my part, I am the innocentest person of them all, only I have been sworn against by perjured persons." -- Captain Kidd, May 9, 1701, upon hearing his sentence of death by hanging.
Microwavegerbil
Seaman

3502 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Fab that's simply awesome work. Stupid hourglass=gone. Ha, the first thing I thought when I saw the screenie for the pants was Han Solo and sure enough, he was the inspiration for it. These are all going in to my custom folder.
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! THanks Fab...

The Han Solo design is great
Nefarious
Swabbie

159 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the walkthrough, Fab. Hmm...run WinRAR...duh! Confused I'm such a goofball. The obvious, on occasion, escapes me. Must be the greying about my temples. Wink

I managed to get the pants mod working last evening and I'm enjoying the new look, especially the subtle changes the mod makes.

1. When walking to a city over land or searching for relatives/treasures you can clearly see your character leading the way!

2. During land battles your character can be seen in his white shirt and blue pants at the head of the Officer detachment.

Seemingly small changes like these can aid in making those 'on land' mini games much more enjoyable. "Follow me, Lads. I'm sure it's just over the next ridge." Very Happy

Again, thanks for your efforts.
Nef
Fab
Swabbie

866 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to see the old Pirates! Gold "Spanish" flag, I made a new flagpack that includes that flag instead of the St. Anthony's Cross one:

Check it out over at the new thread:

http://cutlassisle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=979
darkhorse
Powder Monkey

30 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fab,

THe strip on han solos pants is called "Corellian blood stripes" They are given for acts of bravery.

Just to let you know, So maybe only make them avaliable at higher ranks or when you get more stuff or something.
Fab
Swabbie

866 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wasn't trying to model Han Solo exactly, I just thought the color pattern was pretty good looking. I hadn't noticed at the time, but is also the color pattern of the U.S.M.C.'s dress blue trousers which I also have liked since I was a kid. There was never any intention of adding the stripe as you increase in ranks or anything.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like FAB knows how to mod Pirates.

Any ideas on how to put Mendosa's Head on the "Plain Daughter"???

How about just a little tamer, Handlebar Mustache? (on the plain daughter, after all she already seems to have 3+ beauty marks)

Put Raymondo in the Beautiful Daughter's dress! Ever wonder how that dress would swordfight?

Back in the days of the 286 Pirates, was much fun switching the graphics files.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the flagpak and for some reason I get the Spanish city red-X flag?
In the maps and over the cities.

Not like your screen shots?!?!
Fab
Swabbie

866 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two flag packs. The first one, the historical one, has the Spanish flag set as the red X on the white background. The other one uses the Castille y Léon flag (from Pirates!Gold) as the Spanish flag.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification. Most of the time I try to be as thick as a bronze canon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: