Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Bad News
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:56 am    Post subject: Bad News Reply with quote

Sorry to inform everybody but some damn idiot just installed SMP on their new laptop.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a fairly new lap top myself. Do you have windows 11? That could be the problem. You can uninstall and strip your computer and install windows 10, but that would cost money buying windows 10. Besides that im shit out of advice
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw I just installed SMP. I haven’t added Windows 11 yet but might later. I’ll read more up on it later. I just warned everybody I might do some more modding soon but I’m leaning towards not modding too since it’s a lot of work and no interest in my style of mods. I also installed Sea Dogs so I might get back into that too but maybe not straight away. Really I wanted a new Laptop for my business. I’m also looking into courses I can take online to maybe land some work later on sites like upwork etc. plan to apply for Cambly a English learning website that hires teachers. I had experience teaching when I was living in Vietnam but in Vietnam I actually taught in real classrooms not from a laptop on the kitchen table. Cambly also doesn’t appear that difficult since it’s mostly just receiving calls and holding conversations with them. These are the things I need to be focusing on especially since modding or at least my mods aren’t likable. I do have that East Indies urge again but what can I mod there? Probably nothing left to mod. I’ve tried fiction but that doesn’t work so yeah maybe I should focas on needed things. My goal is to become location independent meaning I can work anywhere in the world I want instead of commuting to physical locations and being necessary to be living near the work location. Anyway I’m still active here but I haven’t decided on modding at this time .
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe RL is much more important. Live the life, as SMP says. A sequel to pirates we all know will keep us up until 3 am, maybe that's why it hasn't happened yet? Laughing
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s my believe that SMP is likely done. You would think they would have a new version out by now but there isn’t and doesn’t appear likely. Anyway like everything else you can’t play the game everyday forever so nothing wrong with the current SMP just put it down awhile then come back a few days.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha love it!! We still have one big modding project left under our belts surely. Maybe we can do another big release in the fall/winter when things seem to get busier here, as all us northerners and midwesterners spend more time inside
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might do a East Indies Monkey Island version called Pirates gone Ape shit. I just installed the monkey island game same time as Sea Dogs and SMP. I also have POTC game.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themodelcitizen wrote:
Haha love it!! We still have one big modding project left under our belts surely. Maybe we can do another big release in the fall/winter when things seem to get busier here, as all us northerners and midwesterners spend more time inside

If you want a nice map EUrope and the northern half of africa would be nice or even better Europe and the carribbean and perhaps up the atlantic sea board and down the coast of brazil. Just keeping in mind the bigger the map the smaller the land area.

I would vote for the carribean up to the maritimes in canada and back down to the tip of south america
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the atlantic ocean is considered, i would make a journey across it only take 2 weeks, not a month like Pirates of the east indies took to cross the indian ocean. Ocean is ocean, don't let it get in the way of a bigger map with more cities Smile
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just maid a map of Walking street. Dolphins are following me into Club Erotica as I speak.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a Wild Indies mod but I’m uncertain if I will finish it or not. Not making any promises yet. Kinda using the Monkey Island theme in the East Indies but just based somewhat on the Monkey Island and not a complete transfer over to the East Indies map. Gonna follow the Caribbean city executable and make those cities fit in East Indies map. Even number of nationality ownership. The treasure fleet will cover basically all the map instead of the Philippines. Gonna base city names from the Monkey Island mod. Should really be the Wild Indies.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I’m gonna pass the torch on to someone else. It’s been a fun ride but at the end of the day I really don’t want to see myself 5 years from now still here doing the same ole shit over and over and letting everything else fall apart around me. I’m thinking it would be wiser to take that modding itch and turning it into something more beneficial for myself. Nothing gonna get better if I focus on unnecessary things rather than something that might actually bring true happiness down the road. I’m like hiding behind a cloud or something here and what good is it? Might as well get started on a new way of doing things instead of kicking the can down the road again. I just don’t want to mod anymore I want to do other things so hope you understand. I don’t mind sharing my knowledge of the game what little that is but I’ve done all I know to do already. I feel it would be a waste of time to learn more about the game because what good would it do me. If I learn to make nifs and turned the daughters into the Swedish bikini team then have I really benefited from all the time it took to do it. Probably not. Just doesn’t make sense to keep doing this. Nothing lasts forever so I think I’m done.
fleetp
Boatswain

36128 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay to stop. I haven't modded since my computer hard drive died and was replaced.
We'll be here if you change your mind.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRL is always more important. What is anything in life without passion? Including modding. I mean you're not doing it for yourself, you're not getting paid. The passion is what drives us to be a little better every day. May the fruits of your new travels be bountiful. And SMP like fleetp said will always be waiting for you, if you choose to return
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it really doesn’t have anything to do with being tired of modding. I don’t think the urge is gone it’s just I feel I need to do more important things for now. Modding takes a lot of devotion especially if you prefer big projects like myself. Instead of spending that time messing around with a game wouldn’t I not be bettering myself if I converted some of that energy into learning of skills that might actually be more profitable. I mod for free because I enjoy it but now my goal is to have multiple streams of income to where I’m location independent. There are tons of stuff and classes I could take so it just doesn’t make sense to mod. Probably nobody would play it anyway and I certainly can’t sell it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: