Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Guardacosta's Mod- all dutch texts changed to Brethren
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s still off a notch as you can see there is no fleur-de-lis in front of The Brethren Bastard but the yes starts at the same spot as the fleur-de-lis does on the others however it still works as the next screenshot is in the Bastards Mansion after sacking the former Spanish city. However his bitch of a daughter didn’t think I was ranked high enough to suit her just yet so I got the hell out of there.?🤣
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a she Devil sail emblem for the Brethren. I had that one before but lost it and decided to remake it. Think I’ll put Admiral Nelson portrait minus the background on the English sails. Spainish I’ll probably put a bull. What would be good on the French? French maid or king Louis . Maybe a Jack Racham or some Jolly Rodger for the pirates.
fleetp
Boatswain

36059 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
I got a she Devil sail emblem for the Brethren. I had that one before but lost it and decided to remake it. Think I’ll put Admiral Nelson portrait minus the background on the English sails. Spainish I’ll probably put a bull. What would be good on the French? French maid or king Louis . Maybe a Jack Racham or some Jolly Rodger for the pirates.

I vote for French maid.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For french i would do some fleur de lis design, there's many out there and they're all beautiful. Nothign says baroque better than Louis XIV, doing him would be great too

What was the name of the last pirate expediton in Pirates! Gold? Led by L'orlainse or somethign like that. That was only a succeful expedition because of it's size, yes i read the PIrates! GOld book lol

L'Orlainse whatever would be even better than Louis XIV
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I like the fleur de lis like maybe a black one on the sail you can see good. I already made Fleetps girlfriend for the French but if she doesn't look good in the game I'll do the fleur de lis. People are hard to do unless it half body like a portrait then its okay. They tend to look like sticks and skin blends with sails. Make em wide they look fat make them purty they look like you can't see them well. I put the Hells Angels logo for the pirates don't know how it will look but probably wont look right. Washington Redskins decal for the Indians but I think I made it to big. Look great on the front of a sloop but war canoes it probably won't fit. It's not like I ever see their sail emblems anyway. that's about it for now Ive been running a fever from the Covid shot. Hit me last night. Old lady wanted some and I'm like you stay that side and leave me the hell alone. Woke up and decided I needed a little after all. How can a feller running a fever want some when the past few nights feeling froggy but didn't want it. I stop guessing myself.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to say i haven't found anymore bugs in the early June version of this mod. AM i still getting my own exe for the fix in appointment of a new governor or keeping him the same? No other bugs besides that Ive found, im pleased to report
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah once i fix it to my satisfaction. I've been busy doing other stuff so the last time i fixed it it worked but still off a notch. Im going Hawaii Saturday.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the bug fixed in my executable but dob;t have time to fix the other one today but will soon.

https://ibb.co/j5Yhgxk

https://ibb.co/mSVCpx9
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this one. Mine is working now.

https://gofile.io/d/2zYsQ3
corsair91
Sailing Master

205510 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mirror link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TFFwWVN0zTv2wCj-BELbTN5t5AO2hRox/view?usp=sharing

Brethren of the Coast 2021-06-25.zip
by Pirate

Brethren of the Coast.exe

Warning Hex Edited Executable
May need to set an AV folder exclusion

Last edited by corsair91 on Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank pirate ill put it into effect next game. Sailor

Corsair has the better idea, put your pirates! exe in a zip folder, so it bypasses the PC scanning it and seeing it's a modified exe
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At airport now. Should be gone now but flight got pushed back about three different times. Y’all hold the fort down while I’m gone.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a safe flight and enjoy hawaii. I downloaded it just fine from corsair's link, no worries!
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14640 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
Did you plan to use the changed the Dutch flag dds files from
the May 31 2009 version of the Brethren mod?
Here's the list of file names
flag_dut.dds
flag_dut0.dds
flag_dut2.dds
flag_dut3.dds
flag_dutch.dds
flag_treaty_dut_left.dds
flag_treaty_dut_right.dds
flag_war_dut_left.dds
flag_war_dut_right.dds
tav_d_tapestry.dds
townflagdutch1.dds
townflagdutch2.dds
townflagdutch3.dds
townflagdutch4.dds

Have you extracted those flags from the fpk file? Do you need any help with that?

I'm late on this. But I think those "townflag" files aren't actually used anywhere? flat_dut0 through flag_dut3 are used for settlements and cities (from rich to tattered), while sailing and on the town landing screen

There are other files like flagfrench, flagfrenchpoor, and flag_french_001 that seem like they were also earlier drafts of the files that ended up getting used.

Last edited by themodelcitizen on Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I never use those when making new flag sets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: