Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Pirates game on IRC, based on SM Pirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmysJohn
Powder Monkey

49 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:02 am    Post subject: Pirates game on IRC, based on SM Pirates Reply with quote

Do you all know IRC is? It is an old chat protocol from the 90s. Anyways, there is a text based MMORPG game on there and is inspired by Sid Meier's Pirates!

How is any IRC game MMORPG? Well, I made it where there is cross network play. Each ship is representative of an IRC network. These ships affect the game world by raiding ports, fighting other ships, looting treasure, etc. But all this is the zoomed out version of the game.

On each ship, players can duel, rob, troll, n' charver each other to become the Captain. The Captain is basically the richest player on the ship. The Captain can reward or punish players under his command and sail the ship to other ports, start parties, be mutinied and much more.

I have been working on this game for almost 5 years and am continuously adding more features.

Feel free to check it out by joining one of the networks it is played (Freenode, MyAnonamouse, Rizon, TwistedNET, and XeroMem) or visit https://piratesirc.com/
fleetp
Boatswain

36123 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Hooked on Pirates.
While I don't play MMORPGs, I wish you success.

Very respectfully,
fleetp (global moderator)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: