Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

New swords
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: New swords Reply with quote

I have finished the basics on the pc level 2 and level 3 swords. I packed them using PAKbuild v 2.14 and verified they pack and unpack. However when I put them in the custom folder, nada. I left all the settings default. Did I miss something?

Level 2 balanced sword took a bit of thought. Sword designer Kit Rae makes "exotath" (yes you can buy it!) I cheated here, as yoyohobo665 at the nexusmods made the 3d model. I simply reworked for use in Pirates!. The real sword was tested and considered "a beautiful well balanced sword" the only con it got was the fact it has a nonfunctional blade. That worked for me, plus it is awesomely cool. The fpk has 2 main dds files. The original seemed a little dull so I amped up the color quite a bit. The real swords have either a gold or silver dragons head.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3742149/pcswor2.FPK

Level 3 perfectly balanced sword was easy. The Honjo Masamune katana is the real world example of such a sword. Considered the finest swordsmith of all time and this is his best sword, it wins hands down. Legend has it the Honjo was thrown in a river with a Musaba "blade of death" the first one to rust lost. Mursaba lost. Warehouse 13 has an episode where the Honjo is considered such a finely crafted sword it can cut light making it and the wielder invisible.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3742149/pcsword3.FPK

The last thing I may try to do is figure out exactly what tweaks what as far as performance. The original 3d mod has collision capsules but nifskope didn't want to inject it into the new model.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: ps Reply with quote

Forgot to mention. They are named to replace the PC's level 2 and 3 rapier. This ensures it is used only by your character.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried this out yet but I plan on it. What's next battle axe perhaps?
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: good idea Reply with quote

liking the battle ax double slash points but give it a heavy weight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: