Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Just getting into the new Sid Meier Pirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norrington305516
Powder Monkey

1495 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Just getting into the new Sid Meier Pirates Reply with quote

... after having played the old one for many many years. I'm a fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and I decided to make some mods based loosely on the movies...

I was a bit annoyed at the way they depicted the pirate hero as he was promoted - everything's wrong for the great age of pirates and he ends up looking like something from Granado Espada with weird epaulettes, a coat cut too short and a fore-and-aft hat instead of a tricorne. So I thought I'd change things up... but since I'm still learning how to mod and can't figure out the KPX files yet I just got started with the DDS files and modded -

The governors. The British governors now sport the following:

1. black and green brocade coat and waistcoat worn by Lord Beckett in At World's End.

2. British Royal Navy Admiral's full dress uniform - not actually worn in the movie but worn historically. Historically, some governors were actually admirals or captains or generals and they would be wearing their serving uniforms.

3. Either a Weatherby Swann inspired costume or the Red-coat type of the human Davy Jones.

The first two characters are wearing the red sash and silver 'star' of the Order of the Bath.

http://rapidshare.com/files/373923236/Norrie_Gov_E1_British_Trading_Company_Administrator.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/373923986/Norrie_Gov_E3_British_Admiral_Full_Dress.zip

Just drop the DDS files into the Custom directory of your Pirates folder (take note this will overwrite any previous English governor mods that were there).

Fair winds and a following sea!
Norrington305516

A short drop and a sudden stop."
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39058 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums Arr!
Norrington305516
Powder Monkey

1495 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Glad to be aboard Reply with quote

Well... I found out how to unpack the graphics PAKs so I think I'll be able to do more graphics modding. BTW, does anyone know where I can find the 'Irish' mod? I'd like to try modding a country sometime.

I know you can't change the map but you can at least change the names of places right? Is it possible to change who owns which town within a scenario?

Because my girlfriend loves pirating too (thats what brought us together actually) I made her a graphics mod so when she plays the game she can play as her character Isabelle la Louve.

While I'd have preferred a rounder facial shape for her I think it came off pretty well.

I'll upload when I've gotten all the faces and uniforms done (aging face, uniforms for different countries).

Regards,
Norrington305516

Norrington305516
Powder Monkey

1495 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: And here it is... Reply with quote

I just changed the face, clothes and a bit of the TEXT.INI so it says Mme. (Madame) instead of Mr.

http://rapidshare.com/files/374424788/SMP_La_Louve.zip

Norrington305516
Powder Monkey

1495 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Rackam Replacements Reply with quote

New replacement pirates - since the game is pretty much fantasy anyways I thought it won't be a stretch to make it completely fantastic.

Replacing Calico Jack Rackham (aka Jack Rackam in the game) are Captain Jack Sparrow or disgraced Royal Navy ex-Commodore James Norrington. Simply rename one of the files as rackam.dds and place in the CUSTOM folder.

Download here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/375164445/Rackam_Replacements.zip

HatterasJack
Swabbie

624 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work. I'm no a modder, but I like the effects. How 'bout the player charactor? Think you could make a long "frock coat" and a tricorn hat for 'im?

Remember lads, pillage first, THEN burn! Get it right this time, or I'll bring my boot to ye, by thunder!!
Norrington305516
Powder Monkey

1495 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Sigh... I wish. Reply with quote

Right now I only know how to do graphics mods... I'm not really sure which files are the 3d models or how to replace those. When meeting with the governor particularly its STUPID that they dress down without a coat or anything. I can make 'coat graphics' but they'll basically go on the pants which is still going to suck. Perhaps some of the more experienced modders know how to replace/rename files and which files to replace/rename?

Honestly I was VERY disappointed with this. Sid Meier's Pirates 2 (Pirates! Gold) was AMAZING for the atmosphere and mood. The music was great, the graphics were great for its time (looking like Howard Pyle's paintings) and there were different things in each scenario. Here I can't see how different scenarios are very different. The ships are the same all the time it seems, there are altogether WAY too many galleons in this game (galleons should be a very rare thing), the same top ten pirates are there all the time. So I figured, its pretty much fantasy anyway, might as well go all the way.

If I could find out how to mod this I will, trust me. But I'll need to know which files to change.

I wish they made this game even a bit more moddable *sigh*

Glad you liked the mods!
Norrington

corsair91
Sailing Master

207736 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have the rapidshare links files in this Thread by any chance ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: