Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

mail runner redo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: mail runner redo Reply with quote

I changed the gun capacity of the mail ruuner to 20 (25 made it invincible) and renamed it interceptor class. This allows for 10 tons of food and no cargo. I found this made for a mission specific ship that forces you to think point to point.
It has become my standard flagship as it constantly requires me to make adjustments in crew and guns to do exactly what I need next:

Tresure hunt on the opposite side of the map> 20 tons food 10 guns and hopefully only 80 aboard.

Hunt down the baron/count/marquis on the opposite of the map> 20 guns 120 crew and intercept a food barque with minimal damage. Arrive at the combat site sink the barque and your still going up againest them outgunned 40-20 outmanned 250+(299) - 120. its a pickle. Sailor
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: mail runner redo Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
Hunt down the baron/count/marquis on the opposite of the map> 20 guns 120 crew and intercept a food barque with minimal damage. Arrive at the combat site sink the barque and your still going up againest them outgunned 40-20 outmanned 250+(299) - 120. its a pickle. Sailor

Against Mendoza or Raymondo, why use guns at all? With a mail runner you can usually dodge their broadsides and board quickly, leaving your prize undamaged.

The only time I even carry guns is when I'm going against Montalban without all the fencing items and need to whittle down his crew before fencing with him.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I tried that before I boarded with all combat offensive/defensive gear and 21-24 years old. However, it was 23 againest 199+. Crew moral is affected by numbers ratio and it appeared my pc is affected by crew morale. He spent all the time doing parry moves and I could barely get him to go on the offensive. Lost all my ships, and ended up stranded.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
However, it was 23 againest 199+.

That explains a lot! If you stay at sea a long time, your crew will either be whittled down by the enemy or occupied with manning your prizes - or both. At that point I would normally head for port, but I know a lot of captains prefer to stay at sea as long as possible since every port call costs a week of your limited lifespan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: