Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Random observations.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Random observations. Reply with quote

This is a thread to note odd or interesting things you come upon in your travels. A table if you will, where you are the mysterious traveler. I'll start.

I was playing my pirate "Lucky" Lawson (admiring his flag every time I boarded a ship and it zoomed in) and I was hunting wanted criminals (to get them off my list). I chose to sneak into Petit-Goave to catch a wanted criminal (there were 2 and I didn't want to spend two weeks in port). I made 3 sneaking runs. The first one I was caught, and I found when I escaped (thanks skeleton key!) That the way ahead was blocked. Thinking I could escape out the "back" of the town, I headed that direction. I found that as you approach the edge of town, there are about 3 streets with no entrances (and no men waiting). So I turned around. I did stumble upon the tavern, but I could not go inside. Apparently the castle replaces the governor's mansion, and while the tavern is still there where it should be, you cannot go inside. I made it out of town, and when I snuck in the second time, I had to hide to avoid a guard I saw approaching from a side street. I was in a haybale at the end of the street, tucked in a corner. From my left (the one other open side) the guard I was hiding from walked past, turned his back to me and stopped to look around. I leaped out and automatically (because I was so close) hit him over the head. Before I could hide the body, his partner turned the corner. I ducked back into my haybale and watched as guard number 2 followed the same path, waking guard number 1 and ending up inside of him. I leaped out again and automatically swung, taking out both guards in one swing! Before I could run, I saw the light of another lantern coming my way. I hid again, as guard number 3 came down the street, woke up guards 1 and 2, resulting in a conga line of (probably drunk) guards. I leaped out of my haybale, and with a yell that would chill Chuck Norris' blood, took out all 3 guards in one swing! The coast finally clear, I ran off and made it to the Tavern, ending the crime ring of one F. Faulkes.

These are just some random observations I made. You cannot leave town from the "back," you can find but not enter the tavern if you are escaping jail and you can knock out multiple guards in one swing if they end up stacked inside each other. Cool stuff. What neat or weird things have you all observed?
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: sneak Reply with quote

I've never used the sneak. Does it still cost you a week?
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not unless you are caught. Let's say I go into town August 25th. It's hostile, I decide to sneak. I avoid the guards and arrive at the tavern. I leave, and while I'm sailing away, it's still August 25. Now if you're thrown in jail, even if you use the Skeleton Key ("As soon as the guards fall asleep, you pick the lock with your handy Skeleton Key. Avoiding the guards, you attempt to sneak out of town!") it still costs you a week.

Just another observation, I think town costs you 8 days not a week. I've been keeping a journal for "Lucky" Lawson (recording dates for the things tracked in your quest bar) and I think town stops are actually 8 days. Not 7.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys twins?
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
Are you guys twins?

Not quite (his face is different) but we are dressed alike. With the same background!
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently new governors can spawn from Europe. I'd post the screenshot I took, but I don't know how. So yeah, interesting.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
Rusty Edge wrote:
Are you guys twins?

Not quite (his face is different) but we are dressed alike. With the same background!

A sword will change all of that.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68739 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
So apparently new governors can spawn from Europe. I'd post the screenshot I took, but I don't know how. So yeah, interesting.

If I remember right, you pause the game, and then press the print screen button. After that, you open the Paint program and click on it and press Ctr V. Whatever was on your screen back when you pressed the print screen button should now appear in the paint program. You can use the paint program to edit the pic if you like (draw a circle around something you want to call attention to, for example.) Then you save it, making sure that when the save window comes up you find where it says "Save as Type" and switch the type to jpeg. After that, you upload it to your photobucket account and post it as you would normally post a pic from the internet. Something like that, anyway. Details probably vary depending on your OS etc.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank ye mate; lemme give it a try:

Success! Now, as ye can clearly see, this ship hails from Europe. I'd ne'er seen that afore; but I've seen it a bit since.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you see the governor transport? Where was it coming from and where was it headed?

When the treasure fleet is headed for Europe, it disappears right around Bermuda.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember where it was headed; I do remember it was a (Spanish) city along the Spanish Main. It was just south of the Lesser Antilles, near where the Treasure Fleet spawns.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
I don't remember where it was headed; I do remember it was a (Spanish) city along the Spanish Main. It was just south of the Lesser Antilles, near where the Treasure Fleet spawns.

That's what I was thinking.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. The route from Europe is more southerly than the route to Europe. That coincides, more or less, with historical reality (though I think the routes in both directions were a bit further north in reality than in Pirates).
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in Captain Kidd's day there was a lot of dead reckoning and coast cruising. He could actually navigate, but sometimes ships missed their mark and ran out of water.

I think European ships made landfall all over the lesser Antilles.

The trip back was up the North American coast, and then across, when the prevailing winds were from the west, or riding the Gulf Stream until you caught the same winds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: