Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

About the music.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger
Powder Monkey

107 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: About the music. Reply with quote

After reading about some of the music add-on threads I was wondering if instead of having just different intros of music playing to the sea battle/dueling is it possible to just have 1 specific song playing the whole time until the event is over?

Also, arrrrrg.
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, Welcome aboard Roger. Yeah, you can replace any of the music you want, it should be .wav format, preferably the same length as the piece your replacing, and using the proper file name. Then just drop the new .wav file into your custom folder. Now most of the tavern songs, battle songs, leaving port songs etc... are about 2.5-3 mins. long. I have a battle song I use called "Nantucket Sleighride" by Mountain. It's 48 mins. long so I edited parts of it into about 10 min segments. I hated when I was sailing east and the music would stop after just a few minutes, so I have other edited versions of different music, like for leaving port,"Sea of Joy" by Blind Faith, and "Cortez the Killer" by Neil Young, a bunch of sea chanteys for the tavern scenes. Then you can get into replacing the speech of the game characters to something funny, yet understandable. Record your own or like I did get them from some of your other PC games.
Roger
Powder Monkey

107 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to be aboard captain.

Anyway, I did something similar to that.

First off, I deleted all the songs in the Sea Battle music folder except for one, then I proceeded to put the song file I wanted in custom and gave it the same name as the 1 file I left, thinking it would replace it and play during the ship battles. It didn't work lol, nothing played at all.

Ideas?
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to experiment

rather than removing all the existing files

consider renaming the one you like
to ALL the other names.
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what Rupert said. You shouldn't remove or delete anything from the Assets folder. name your new .wav file the same as the others and place them in the Custom folder. The game will choose randomly between the 6 battle songs and if it's not there you get nothing. You'll only hear your new one occasionally if at all. I've made new ones for all six "SBattleIntro" songs and for some reason I never hear SBattleIntro-000 or SBattleIntro-005. So like rupert says, experiment with them a bit, you'll get there.
Roger
Powder Monkey

107 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that instead of making a bunch of different intros that play randomly, they should've just made full battle themes, like maybe 2 or 3 full ones. Same for the other events. Just seems overly complicated to have all these little intro pieces instead of just full blown epic pirate music.

Update: Oi, this is tearing me brain apart.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/CustomFolder.jpg

That's inside my Custom folder, that's the way it's suppose to be right? Name the files after the originals and it'll play them randomly like the originals right?
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Roger, I think your problem is in the file format. the game only reads the music in .WAV file format not that VLC media file(.acc) you've used. A while back in another thread, fellow member "The Don" suggested using a program called Gold Wave. Do a Google search for it, they have a free trial version that is great for converting and editing audio files of most types.
Roger
Powder Monkey

107 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well shiver me timbers, I guess I forgot to convert those .acc files. The other ones are WAV format, but I already have a converter. So I'll go ahead and change them over to WAV and see what happens.

I honestly didn't see those .acc files.

Update: Ok, it works just fine. Phew, what a long and troublesome journey that was.

Now the last thing I want to do is change the music for the duels aboard the ships.......but I doubt I'll even attempt that one lol.

Thanks for the help everyone, now I have a grasp on how to edit the sounds/ music in the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: