Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Talk about your Pirates!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Talk about your Pirates! Reply with quote

Talk about your pirates here! I'll start off. My pirate is somewhere around 51 years old. I have around 500,000 gold(yay) completed everything except for being promoted to maximum by both the French and the Dutch. No SOTL yet, and I seem to be having problems swordfighting with my pirate's old age. It seems he might have to retire from pirating. But no, I'll stick with him for a while yet, hopefully, somewhat inspired by the person on these forums that had a character for like 400 years. Although he has trouble swordfighting on the second easiest difficulty, imagine how hard it would be in the very hardest difficulty. So anyways, I was playing, saved the game, and then retired, just for the fun of it, to see what I would become. I would become a governor, married, with a huge mansion in the middle of the town. Apparently, the highlight of my pirating life is still the defeat of Montbalm. My greatest ship has 40 cannons, more than enough to fight anything other than a ship of the line. So, what about your characters? Discuss here! Thanks for reading the profile of my pirate!
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okey, here is the information that I have on my current adventure. My Privateer is 48 years old. I've got 1,792,760 Gold Dubloons. I'm a Duke for the Spanish, Dutch, French and English. I've Resuced all of my Family, defeated Montalban and found all four of the Lost Cities. I'm married to the Beauty in Petite Goave, have every one of the Special Items, and, of course, all the Special Crew Members. I've only got 117 Adventure Points now, because I've not captured a single Named Pirate. I'm hoping that when I do, I'll get a lot of booty, since they keep gathering the gold I'll take.

I won't post a list here, but Henry Morgan has 720,744 (72,000 for me) and at the other end, Jack Rakcman has 50,930 (5,090 for me). I'm going to let them keep getting more for a few more years, as that is the final objective I look for.
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice job. Anybody else?
Capt. Cannon
Cutthroat

151 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guy, Briarian, has had the uncommon good luck of finding Monty before the last 2 family members Shocked

he is very rich Greedy and has an SOTL and a war canoe as a normal fleet.

Unfortunately he is married to a plain dautgher Feeling Sick and has not yet found a lost city (a common charachteristic of my pirates)

He is a duke in france/holland/england, and a spanish colonel.
he is about 43 and with poor health.

I thinkl he will make a GREAT governor!!

Johnny Ringo- "This fight isn't with you"
Doc Holliday-"I bed to Diffuh."
(Tombstone)

http://www.fishnj.netfirms.com/

Capt. Cannon <((((((<

Last edited by Capt. Cannon on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captain Blood
Cutthroat

6396 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Blood is Dutch, a Duke in all four nations, in his mid 60's (not sure exactly, I haven't been keeping that close an eye on that), has over 1 million gold, has a SoTL Worship named "Bloody Big Boat" and a Frigate named "Bloody Hell", both fully upgraded.
He's been keeping a crew of approx. 350 to 450 men fairly easily and has never divided the plunder in this game (I thought I would a few times, but then I figured out if you attack a city with a lot of soldiers you kill off more than enough men to make the rest happy again).
He is married to a beautiful, blonde Dutch gov's daughter from Caracoa.
He has found all of his lost relatives. He has found all of the lost cities. He has defeated Monty. He has found and defeated all of the names Pirates, and their treasures.
I am playing at Rogue, I don't have the cahones to set it up to Swash since I'm starting to have some difficulty in the dueling arena due to advanced age.
He is currently in the vicinity of Vera Cruz, which is a wealthy Spanish city that can't seem to stop spawning fat, loaded merchant galleons for him to snap up.
He's been doing nothing but sailing in circles outside of VC, snapping up prize after prize, for some time now. It's almost like shooting fish in a barrel.
There are three Pirate havens, a french city and two spanish cities in sight of his location, all nice places to put in, pick up men (at the havens) and sell off plunder and ships while I do this.
It's been so lucrative, he's not done much else for quite some time.

I keep thinking I'll start a new game. But with a sizable, happy crew, plenty of gold, lots of ships showing up regularly for me to take Victorious ...
I just keep going back for more.
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Blood wrote:
(I thought I would a few times, but then I figured out if you attack a city with a lot of soldiers you kill off more than enough men to make the rest happy again).

I lol'd at this, for some reason. It's like the people don't even care that people died as long as they got their gold, which more'n likely, they did.
Captain Blood
Cutthroat

6396 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billasae,
One word ought to sum it all up for you....

PIRATE! Guns Blazing
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Blood wrote:
Billasae,
One word ought to sum it all up for you....

PIRATE! Guns Blazing

I have another one,
SAILOR!(Actually, pirate is better Very Happy ) Still, have to use the emoticon Razz Sailor
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But remember, mateys, computer people never die...they always come back!

I've fought the same ship Captains over and over and over and over again...hired the same crew over and over and over and over again...danced the same dances with the same ladies over and over and over and over again...ye get me drift by now, shipmates...the point is, just try and tell me that these are different people!
Wink
I have a new Captain by the name of Hornblower. He has yet to make his mark, but the prospects are good...maybe I''ll continue his career later in the week, if feasible...
Guns Blazing
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: