Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

The Capture of Margarita, part four
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KriFos
Swabbie

410 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: The Capture of Margarita, part four Reply with quote

We met a dutch barque on our way to Grenada. Speaking to their captain, I learned that the french and the dutch had made an alliance against the spanish. This suited me well... With those forces combined on Spain, I hoped that it would weaken the spanish defenses enough for us to make an attempt in the near future.

---

After speaking to my brother, and selling a few tons of goods, he confirmed that Spain was at war against the french and dutch. We had a nice dinner with him and his wife. She is a very good cook. I almost dreamt about getting married myself... But, then I would probably have to give up my pirating days... And this is a life I won't give up for a long time.

As I was leaving my brother's house, he gave me a piece of information. It seemed like the spanish town Coro was almost unguarded at the moment. The spanish had moved most of their troops to guard the Silver Train which would arrive in Santa Marta in not too long.

The town is about two weeks away, so we had no time to lose. We set off for Coro...

---

About halfway to Coro, we noticed a large ship in the horizon. A Fast Galleon. At first I thought "Way to big for us!", but then I decided to try engaging it with our Pinnace. Once again, we were victorius. I'm sure we killed over 100 men in the battle. They fired their cannons only twice, though one time I swear to the lord that one of the cannonballs passed straight over my head... And missed.

Boarding the enemy ship, it didnt take long until I had the english captain on his knees. We plundered over two and a half thousand gold pieces and probably fifty tons of goods. As that wasnt enough, we added the Fast Galleon to our fleet. An extremely successful day.

---

We have attacked Coro. The city is in flames, and the men are enjoying the widows of the soldiers we've just killed. It was no match for us. Several thousand gold pieces and lots of food, goods and tobacco being carried onboard as I write this log. I wonder what we'll do next.

I know there is a town called Gibraltar to the south, which is almost always unguarded. The problem will have to get to it. Between us and it, the spanish town of Maracaibo lies. And it is also heavily guarded by warships and other patrols. I've even heard rumors of hostile pirates in those waters. Probably why it is so well guarded.

---

One day north of Maracaibo, we met Baron Montalban, a pirate-hunter. They are coming for me now. Stupid as he was, he attacked us. It was of course no match for my growing fleet, but we lost a few good men.

Just a few hours later, we got attacked again, this time by the pirate Baron Delgado. Having shared our 'balls with them for a while, they came too close and boarded us. Many lives was lost, and I myself got a few scratches in this duel, but in the end, he just wasn't good enough to be any real threat to me.

We got hold of his ship, a Barque, and all its valuables. About thirty of Delgado's crew "converted" to us after we had started slaying just a few.

---

I am happy now. We got through the pass unnoticed. We had to sail through it by night though, which is pretty dangerous since I do not know these waters, and there could be reeves everywhere.

Anyways, I figured that since we only had room for a few more tons of cargo, we had to capture one of them Merchantmans to have enough space in hold for what awaited us in Gibraltar.... We met one only half a day from Gibraltar, and it quickly surrendered.

---

As I expected, Gibraltar was left unguarded. Noone had thought that anyone could pass through Maracaibo's pass unnoticed. Too bad for them. This was our biggest plunder so far, we filled all our ships to the limit, and we even had to leave some goods behind... Now we'll have to leave before words arrive to Maracaibo. And besides, we can't be fully loaded like we are now, we need to sell off this in a friendly town... But where...

I've heard some rumors that the town one day south for Margarita, I don't recall its name at this time, but I know it is a very rich town, which is also guarded by three forts and lots of soldiers...
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! pirate stories. If I ever get around to it, I might post some of my own. A good read so far.

Status of Ships;
Sloop Syzer sunk, all hands presumed dead
Frigate Sezcka, 28 guns, 260 men
Sloop of War Aozora, 12 guns, 120 men
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: