Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

This Just In!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlipperyJim wrote:
Still, I'm looking forward to the 1.02 patch. Great expectations...
Only expect 1.01b
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nukenin wrote:
If the patch releases, and fixes stuff with few or no drawbacks, then I expect to see some hat-eating going on in this forum. Smile
That's gonna be pretty funny since I wear a football helmet. What with all the storms and stuff I just feel safer. Yet, I think if you compare other games and their customer service you'll find the history of Pirates! 2 has been less than stellar. Some of it was corporate. Some of it was ... corporate. I guess the peeples are getting a bit tired of being ragged by the ... corporate.
Sailor
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to judge a product on the amount of fun and enjoyment it has given me. This one has given me a fair amount of that. So even with the bugs and short comings I would have to give this incarnation of Pirates a thumbs up. Maybe not 2 thumbs up but at least 1 and a half. Thumbs Up Cool
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corporate problems or not, Firaxis should still have been working on a patch, whether Atari were going to help out with it or not.

Two weeks....hmmmm...can we trust a gaming company and their non-critical release deadlines. For their sake, I hope that they do release it on time.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingWilly wrote:
Corporate problems or not, Firaxis should still have been working on a patch, whether Atari were going to help out with it or not.

Two weeks....hmmmm...can we trust a gaming company and their non-critical release deadlines. For their sake, I hope that they do release it on time.
Miracles do happen.
Bakas
Seaman

232 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they arent using Atari for this patch, they are using Take 2... and its 1.0.2, not 1.02 or 1.01B...

WWAPD?
WWFSMD?
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bakas wrote:
they arent using Atari for this patch, they are using Take 2... and its 1.0.2, not 1.02 or 1.01B...

They will use Take 2 as long as they can survive this GTA mess. That is in question if they will survive. So maybe the patch will go down with the ship that is... or rather was Take 2... Sad
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, bad things happening there at the moment. If Take2 goes down, as it appears to be doing, the patch may be in danger.

Firaxis is, of course, a separate company, but they will not be able to work without a distributor. If they have to start searching for another one now, it will take some time before we get anything new in the way of Pirates!, let alone the upcoming Civ4. Sad
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Rosemary Anderson
Powder Monkey

243 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God, what a BAD news! Pirates really need this patch... please, Firaxis, don't give up! Sad

- Rosemary "the swashbuckler" Anderson.
- Signora e padrona del famigerato "Rifugio degli smargiassi"!
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nukenin wrote:
If the patch releases, and fixes stuff with few or no drawbacks, then I expect to see some hat-eating going on in this forum. Smile

Oh I agree completely, and already have a whole stock of hats in case some people complain they don't have one Smile

KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
Yup, bad things happening there at the moment. If Take2 goes down, as it appears to be doing, the patch may be in danger.

Firaxis is, of course, a separate company, but they will not be able to work without a distributor. If they have to start searching for another one now, it will take some time before we get anything new in the way of Pirates!, let alone the upcoming Civ4. Sad

Why would they need a distributor to release a patch, though? Sure, they need a distributor to release a new game, but a patch? ARe they going to send everyone a copy on CD?

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Rosemary Anderson
Powder Monkey

243 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingWilly wrote:
Wolfwood wrote:

Why would they need a distributor to release a patch, though? Sure, they need a distributor to release a new game, but a patch? ARe they going to send everyone a copy on CD?

Asd, he's right! But we have to remember that the final test (with the "approval seal") are made from the take2's crew! Now, if take2 is occupied in something else, the patch (a minoe issue) can be delayed with no great problems... oh my God, i want the patch! Evil or Very Mad

Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, Firaxis cannot release a patch by themselves, since it would be Take2's ass on the line if the Firaxis programmers had decided to add some new gratuitous scenes with the governors' daughters...

Razz
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Rosemary Anderson
Powder Monkey

243 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the reply tehy send back to me after my "feedback":
"Thank you for sharing your Firaxis Games experience with us. Your email has been forwarded on (through a strange machine packed with large gears and such) to the appropriate party.

Thanks for supporting Firaxis Games!"

To the appropriate party? Take2?! Just now?!?! OMG! K, guys, let's start praying... Shocked

headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a raid? We'll pack onto a war canoe, board them, and hold the crew hostage until they finish the patch.

P.S. Sweet signature pic, rosemary, but as much as I regret saying this, I think it needs to be made smaller so it doesn't clutter. Smile

Sweet pic though. Who's the artist?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: