Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

The Capture of Margarita, part three
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KriFos
Swabbie

410 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:22 am    Post subject: The Capture of Margarita, part three Reply with quote

The Capture of Margarita (...continued)

After a few days with entertaining from the barmaid at the local tavern, we set sail again... We had to recruit more men. As we sailed out from the harbor, we were witnesses to the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen... Fantastic colors filled the sky, all variations between yellow, orange, red and almost pink... Surely a moment I will remember forever.

---

Just one day east of Margarita, we discovered yet another spanish Merchantman. This was the time to test our new Pinnace. And it went smooth... Sadly the ship was almost empty, so we got just a few tons of goods and tobacco off it... Still, we did what we came to do. Now bigger ships awaits...

---

Today we met an infamous pirate somewhere between Margarita and Trinidad. It was captain DeColigny himself. His fleet was much larger than ours, but there was no battle out of it. I spoke to him personally, but I kept my plans for Margarita a secret. He said that he was on his way to Coro, to meet his younger brother that was old enough now to join him on his journeys.

We gave eachother the pirate-word that we would let eachother alone and mind our own business. Little did he know that the prize on my head grew larger every day.

---

Two days north of Trinidad, the men started to grow impatient... They wanted to plunder... Kill... They wanted blood. So I gave it to them. Well, a nearby ship gave it to them...

It was the bloodiest battlefield I've ever seen in my days as a pirate-captain. And a fantastic moment. Right there and then, I KNEW that my goal to capture Margarita would be no problem at all with such an... well... "inspired" crew.

---

Arriving in Trinidad, I was met by a strange and shady character. He didn't tell me his name. He didn't say where he had seen me before. All he said was that he knew who I was, and what my plans were, and that he would make my life end a long time before I could capture Margarita. I gazed upon him... And he ran off and disappeared. Strange though, I hadnt been telling anyone about the plans... Well, exept for a few, trusted men. But really, could THEY be involved?

After Spending about a week in Trinidad recruiting men, I wanted to visit my older brother in Grenada. An english settlement, in which he was a well-known trader. So after the shipwright had made a quick look upon our ships, we set off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: