Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Main character skin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ska8tdude
Powder Monkey

58 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Main character skin Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone could reskin the main character so he wouldnt turn into "liquid metal"....as some people have that problem. Maybe just make it so the detail isnt quite as high I suppose. I would do it but have no skill in paint programs.
Kiwegapa
Powder Monkey

515 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't experienced that problem, but I don't believe skinning would fix it. I believe that it's related to a problem with the machine the game is installed on. Try experimenting with the graphics options if this occurs.
ska8tdude
Powder Monkey

58 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Im pretty sure its my graphics card.....it seems the people with the intel chipsets seem to have this problem with the main character and the dutch guy when you pick who you want to go with in the beginning.
Zem
Gunner

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a definite problem with intel chipset. I tried playing the game on (at least) 3 different computers with intel chipset. All the time there were some funny characters who resembled the good-old Terminator2's evil enemy (liquid metal).
ska8tdude
Powder Monkey

58 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup exactally my problem very annoying but I was hoping reskinning the character would word since ive only seen the problem happen with the main character and the dutch guy. Confused
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the problem does not appear with all Intel chipsets, which makes it heard to fix, I suppose. My comp plays the game perfectly with max settings and with Intel chips and ATI Radeon 9000 card with 64MB VRAM. The only problem is the slight flickering of the shadows (but they can be turned off).
Saranis
Swabbie

437 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
But the problem does not appear with all Intel chipsets, which makes it heard to fix, I suppose. My comp plays the game perfectly with max settings and with Intel chips and ATI Radeon 9000 card with 64MB VRAM. The only problem is the slight flickering of the shadows (but they can be turned off).

He probably has an intel extreme graphics card. They are horrible and the only thing I cna think of is replacing the card itself. I had to do that and it was a pain but it may be the only thing to do.

Now if only i could replace the C-Media sound card in this system...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: