Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Whats a good program for modding?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreenlandsBest
Powder Monkey

172 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Whats a good program for modding? Reply with quote

Anyone have an answer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fleetp
Boatswain

36072 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats a good program for modding? Reply with quote

GreenlandsBest wrote:
Anyone have an answer

Are you asking about modifying gameplay, modifying character models, or modifying texture files?

I have no idea on a good program to modify gameplay.
For modifying character models, I've used NIFSKOPE in combination with Blender. Note that modifying character models is VERY difficult.
For modifying texture files, use pakbuild or fpkpacker to extract the dds files, then use GIMP to make changes.
GreenlandsBest
Powder Monkey

172 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something that lets me edit the gov daugthers
fleetp
Boatswain

36072 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenlandsBest wrote:
something that lets me edit the gov daugthers

What specifically do you want to do, and to which 'set' of daughters (plain, attractive or beautiful)?
GreenlandsBest
Powder Monkey

172 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attr and beau also a link to the program plz Sailor
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: 3d program Reply with quote

Blender is the choice of modeling by millions (ahem) as it is freeware, but it does have a sharp learning curve. I have 3ds Max 2012 which is much is easier to learn.

GIMP is freeware and very good. For the editing.

I use hexedit for the exe. I also downloaded activestate perl so I can use many of the preexisting mods here.
fleetp
Boatswain

36072 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenlandsBest wrote:
attr and beau also a link to the program plz Sailor

Clearly we are not communicating. I assume you are running a version of Windows. If you're using a MAC I can't help. What do you want to do to the daughters?

Modifying the color of the clothing is EDIT the easiest mod to do, but still requires effort. You'll need pakbuild to open the fpk files Link ->
http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ4/utility/PakBuild.zip

and GIMP with a DDS plug in to modify them. Here'e the GIMP link
http://www.gimp.org/
Here's a link for the dds plugin

https://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/[url]
GreenlandsBest
Powder Monkey

172 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the help put im having trouble using it is there any good tutorial videos out there Smooth Sailing .
fleetp
Boatswain

36072 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenlandsBest wrote:
thx for the help put im having trouble using it is there any good tutorial videos out there Smooth Sailing .

What software are you using? That information might help us to find video tutorials for you. Smile
GreenlandsBest
Powder Monkey

172 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pak builder Shocked
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: PAKbuild Reply with quote

Unpacking:
I'm using version 2.14 on a PC. PAK>Unpack (navigate to the folder where the .fpk is located and select it, it will open a "Browse for folder" window where you want to place the unpacked files, and hit "OK". A split second later it will be there.)

Packing:
1. Your files, usually several dds, need to be contained in 1 folder, I place them on the desktop.
2. select File>New (this will open a "Browse for folder" window, choose the folder your dds's are in, hit "Ok".
3. The folder and its contents should appear in the LH "Raw Files" sub window. Below that is the options for changing the default output location and packing method. I leave as is.
4. You need to select all the individual files on the LH pane, at this point an "Add>>" and <<Remove" radio button should appear. Click "Add>>" and the selected files should appear in the RH "Packed Files" pane. There will now be a tab at the top with a default name usually pak0.fpk.
5. In the center of PAKbuild is a button "New PAK File". DISREGARD this it makes a new tab in the rh pane is all.
6. Select PAK>Build, and viola! you have a new fpk file.
GreenlandsBest
Powder Monkey

172 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srry to bother you guys again but when I went around the site I noticed that it talked about something called ModMaker how could I get that because that seems easier
GreenlandsBest
Powder Monkey

172 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and once again srry but where are the files for the games actual governers daughters
fleetp
Boatswain

36072 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenlandsBest wrote:
and once again srry but where are the files for the games actual governers daughters

Look in the 'Assets' folder for the files with the fpk file extension. I'll give you enough to get you started.

The pak1.fpk file contains the
daug_attr_s1.dds (#1 attractive Spanish daughter) texture file and the daug_beau-f1.dds (#1 beautiful French daughter) texture file.

The #1 attractive Dutch daughter texture file and #1 beautiful English daughter texture file are in pak3.fpk

Now that you know the naming convention, look in the other pak fpk files to find the rest.
Amaroy
Swabbie

1758 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: PAKbuild Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
Packing:
1. Your files, usually several dds, need to be contained in 1 folder, I place them on the desktop.
2. select File>New (this will open a "Browse for folder" window, choose the folder your dds's are in, hit "Ok".
3. The folder and its contents should appear in the LH "Raw Files" sub window. Below that is the options for changing the default output location and packing method. I leave as is.
4. You need to select all the individual files on the LH pane, at this point an "Add>>" and <<Remove" radio button should appear. Click "Add>>" and the selected files should appear in the RH "Packed Files" pane. There will now be a tab at the top with a default name usually pak0.fpk.
5. In the center of PAKbuild is a button "New PAK File". DISREGARD this it makes a new tab in the rh pane is all.
6. Select PAK>Build, and viola! you have a new fpk file.

It does not seem to work on my System (Win 7, 64 BIT) Sad
What PC are you working on?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: