Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

More Ship Names
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amaroy
Swabbie

1758 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: More Ship Names Reply with quote

Hello Fellas,

for those who want more ship names to encounter on sea I have made some more. Simply unzip the file "shipnames_enu" in your custom folder of the game and enjoy more ship names of all nations to be seen in the Caribbean!

Greetinx
Amaroy Wink

http://rapidshare.com/share/3A20099F51FBD82BBE461FDCDD84F8A4 Smooth Sailing UPDATED!

Last edited by Amaroy on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Amaroy
Swabbie

1758 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: More Ship Names Reply with quote

sorry - double posting Hi

Last edited by Amaroy on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've given us some interesting names there, Amaroy! I noticed a number of actresses' names on the list.

Is the game able to display the French names with accents correctly?
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded this mod only for the "shipnames_enu" (which I wanted for a project as I said in another thread), but I figured "what the heck, I've downloaded it, may as well use it" and dumped it in the Custom folder. I found my first ship with a "new" name tonight, and English Ship of the Line "Keira Knightly." My third SotL with this pirate too (I've done NOTHING to help spawn them)! It's a great mod. Now if only he made a settlement name mod... Innocent Buddies
Amaroy
Swabbie

1758 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
You've given us some interesting names there, Amaroy! I noticed a number of actresses' names on the list.

Is the game able to display the French names with accents correctly?

In my inatallation all the french, dutch and spanish accents are displayed correctly.

In addition to my "shipnames_enu" I made a copy of that file and renamed it "shipnames_deu" because I run the german version of the game and put it in the custom folder, too. I am not sure but perhaps you have to make a copy of the file and rename it according to your games language. These are the following:

shipnames_deu = german
shipnames_eng = english
shipnames_esp = spanish
shipnames_fra = french
shipnames_ita = italian

I have found no other files with other country´s endings.

Just try it out! Idea
Amaroy
Swabbie

1758 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
It's a great mod. Now if only he made a settlement name mod... Innocent Buddies

Thanx and well... yes I have one Smile
Amaroy
Swabbie

1758 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: More Ship Names Reply with quote

Amaroy wrote:
Ahoy Mates,

I just uploaded my latest version of the ship names list on rapidshare!

Greetinx
Amaroy

http://rapidshare.com/share/3A20099F51FBD82BBE461FDCDD84F8A4 Smooth Sailing UPDATED!

chal4oye
Powder Monkey

8 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure but perhaps you have to make a copy of the file and rename it according to your games language. These are the following:
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I have noticed (and not a big deal for me) is that the other nine famous pirates have weird ships names. Henry Morgan now sails in the Large Frigate "Oceania" and Blackbeard now commands the Frigate "Blue Sailor" etc. They have the same name every game; it's just not historical. As I said; not a big deal for me but if someone could figure out how that is and predict which "slot" to put a name in so that it appears for a top ten pirate; we could finally correct the issue of Henry Morgan sailing the "Queen Anne's Revenge." and my historical OCD would finally be laid to rest.
Amaroy
Swabbie

1758 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
One thing I have noticed (and not a big deal for me) is that the other nine famous pirates have weird ships names. Henry Morgan now sails in the Large Frigate "Oceania" and Blackbeard now commands the Frigate "Blue Sailor" etc. They have the same name every game; it's just not historical. As I said; not a big deal for me but if someone could figure out how that is and predict which "slot" to put a name in so that it appears for a top ten pirate; we could finally correct the issue of Henry Morgan sailing the "Queen Anne's Revenge." and my historical OCD would finally be laid to rest.

Interesting Thing - I´ll check it out!
Amaroy
Swabbie

1758 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:

Hello,

I think the relevant names are under the section #PIRATE WARSHIPS.

My following Mod contains my latest shipnames list where the names of the pirates´ships are unaltered.

Download here:
http://rapidshare.com/share/B42DE30DD363851F3A27E483FEDC292A

Greetings
Amaroy

Last edited by Amaroy on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they correct or are they unaltered? If unaltered; then Henry Morgan will be sailing "Queen Anne's Revenge." and Blackbeard will have...oh I don't remember what he sails; but it's wrong I know that.

[EDIT] I can't seem to download it; it tells me there's nothing there to download.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Pirate ship names Reply with quote

The top pirate ships as you already noticed always have the same name. Good news is if you want Blackbeard to sail in the Queen Ann's Revenge instead of the Adventure Prize then you would need to put Queen Ann's Revenge in the slot where the Adventure Prize is in the Pirate Warships section in the shipnames_enu. All the top ten pirates can be done this way by knowing what they are currently sailing then putting in the ship name of choice in the pirates current ship name slot.
Amaroy
Swabbie

1758 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
Are they correct or are they unaltered? If unaltered; then Henry Morgan will be sailing "Queen Anne's Revenge." and Blackbeard will have...oh I don't remember what he sails; but it's wrong I know that.

[EDIT] I can't seem to download it; it tells me there's nothing there to download.

The Pirate´s Ship names are those of the original game, I don´t know, if they are historically correct. I also don´t know, if they are chosen randomly when a famous pirate appears on the map or if they come up in a fixed order. Perhaps somebody knows it?!

The download link should work now, just click away the advertisement pupups. Mad
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Pirate ship names Reply with quote

The famous pirates in smp all have fixed named ships or in other words they are NOT random. What you could do is a google search of each of the pirates in smp and see if you can find out what ships they sailed in. After you know what you want each of the pirates ship to be called then it is just a simple edit to your shipnames_enu. I will provide a template below to guide you. Just simply paste this over your current Pirate Warships in the shipnames_enu After knowing what you want to name each pirates ship then just paste the name over the names I gave you.

#PIRATE WARSHIPS
Adventure, M
I'm Captain Kidds ship, M
I'm Blackbeards ship, M
Bachelor's Delight, M
I'm Jean Lafittes ship, M
Blessing, M
I belong to L'Olonnais, M
I belong to Roc Brasiliano, M
I belong to Bart Roberts, M
I belong to Jack Rackham, M
Childhood, M
Delight, M
Delivery, M
Desire, M
Fancy, M
Flying Dragon, M
Flying Horse, M
Flying King, M
Fortune, M
Gift, M
Golden Hind, M
Good Fortune, M
Happy Delivery, M
Liberty, M
Little Ranger, M
Loyal Fortune, M
Mary Anne, M
Night Rambler, M
I'm Henry Morgans ship, M
Ranger, M
I'm Stede Bonnets ship, M
Rising Sun, M
Rover, M
Royal Fortune, M
Royal James, M
Scowerer, M
Sea King, M
Snap Dragon, M
Speaker, M
Speedy Return, M
Sudden Death, M
Tiger, M
Victory, M
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: