Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Problem: Purple Emblem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faileas
Powder Monkey

85 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Problem: Purple Emblem Reply with quote

I followed the tutorial and I made my alpha and my image BMPs and I put them into Dxtbmp and exported it as a DXT3 DDS file in my custom directory. The game sees the file and loads it, but for some reason all I get is solid purple/magenta. It's not rendering.

So... any ideas? Laughing

Edit: to be clear, it's a 512x512 emblem that I'm trying to make. I'm using Photoshop 7 to save my image as a 24-bit BMP.
Faileas
Powder Monkey

85 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops For future reference, if you make your file name longer than three characters long where the three characters replace XXX in ship_sail_emblem_lrg_XXX.dds, then it may look purple.

I will not delete this topic in case other people have problems with purple emblems or flags being that this was my problem. Razz

(At least I'm not afraid to admit when I do something stupid.)
Ieolus
Swabbie

889 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having the same problem. It was because I dropped the custom flags/emblems in the *wrong* custom folder.

You need to drop them into My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Pirates!\Custom. You probably dropped them into Program Files\Sid Meier's Pirates!\Custom, like I did.
Faileas
Powder Monkey

85 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ieolus wrote:
I was having the same problem. It was because I dropped the custom flags/emblems in the *wrong* custom folder.

You need to drop them into My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Pirates!\Custom. You probably dropped them into Program Files\Sid Meier's Pirates!\Custom, like I did.

Actually, I managed to follow that direction, I just messed up on the naming. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: