Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Difficulty levels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunnysays
Powder Monkey

397 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Difficulty levels Reply with quote

I mentioned this in another forum but maybe it is something that can be modded:

I want the fighting and whatnot to be difficult but NOT the sailing (across the main map, not the sea fighting). I want the sword fighting to be tough and the the sea battles to be tough (which they are on the hardest level) but I just can't stand taking forever to tack back against the wind. So I end up playing in an easier level where I find it seemingly "too" easy but it doesn't take forever to sail.

I keep thinking that I would like it if you could make an option for adjusting some of the difficulties. Say like dancing, sailing (in the open sea), sword-fighting, morale. It would be great if a couple things were adjustable. I would like to make the things all hard but keep the open sea sailing on medium (like Adventurer or Rogue level). That would make people happy who wanted it "tougher" but not make it not no longer "fun".
Corsican
Swabbie

944 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great thing, (and this is a personal opinion having thought about the subject frequently) about sailing in the prevailing winds of the Carribean is that it makes you carefully consider your "plan of attack" when choosing your objectives in the game. As you age it becomes even more important a factor.

I've left port late in the game with a fresh crew and a fresh treasure map in hand and had no idea wether I'd make it back to divide the plunder. I'd dread a trip to the jungles around Gran Grenada or simply Vera Cruz in late stages of the game.

Call it ambiance, but being able to turn off 'sailing' would be like turning off 'dueling'. I mean lets just turn off 'Pirating'!
Sen-Dog
Powder Monkey

459 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looks like your wish has come true:
http://www.addictedtopirates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6633#6633

In-game difficulty selection (but it's not hooked up to hotkeys atm, so you'll have to alt-tab).
Seven
Swabbie

151 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i too would like a speed mod, less severe penalties for against the wind, just slightly would be fine, as it is its quite a nuisance to travel east
CaptainBlood
Swabbie

985 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the exact same thing Seven, I've been staying on Journeyman level just to avoid the long journey from one side of the map to the other, a speed mod would be nice.

On another note of a mod, please tell me that someone will be able to make a mod to change the speed of the sneaking into town section, this part is frustratingly slow, especially since you can make your character "run" but it still is in slow motion, and it took me a while to figure out how to make him "run" since I did not see in the manual anything about that, and pretty much figured it out by myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: