Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

The Capture of Margarita, part two
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KriFos
Swabbie

410 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: The Capture of Margarita, part two Reply with quote

The capture of Margarita! (..continued)

Having scouted Margarita properly, I quickly found out that we needed more men for this task. So I had nothing else to do but to leave for other nearby ports, and try to recruit some fresh pirates.

I realised that if we were to stand a chance against spanish guardboats near the towns, we would either need more men (a task that I am on, but which will take some time), OR... we could try capturing a Pinnace or a sloop... Fast moving, very manouverable ships...

---

After a few days at sea, lady luck stroke us. A beautiful spanish Pinnace sailed by in the horizon... We quickly set our course towards it... Sadly it discovered us just a minute too early...

But we didn't give up! We loaded our cannons and fired all twelwe at once... And, surprisingly, most of the cannonballs made a direct impact.. We watched as the main mast fell down, and we thought that we had them... But no...

As I mentioned, they discovered us just a minute too early... Enough for them to make a turn almost straight against the wind, as they KNEW that our big, clumsy Cargo Fluyt wouldnt stand a chance sailing after them... Even with the main mast, they managed to outsail us pretty quickly... Curse on 'em. I guess we'll have to keep looking.

---

At last, our patience paid off... Once again we discovered a Pinnace nearby... And this time... We was on the right side of the wind. Almost before they noticed us, we fired all our cannons. And hit! On the read end of the boat, big holes... It was clear that it was leaking. It sank deeper and deeper in the water...

As we approached the boat, they rised the white flag. They surrendered. However, getting a new little ship is one thing... Getting new, unexperienced "crew" from a ship we just captured, is another thing... That's why we let them walk the planch... Every single one of them!

---

We headed back for Margarita. I heard rumors about there being a price on my head... six thousand two hundred gold pieces... I had to be alert all the time, but luckily, noone recognized me, at least none of those who would dare challenge me and my longsword-skills.

While the shipyard was repairing our ships, I stumbled across some sailors... They had belonged to the notorious captain La Mancha, but was now unemployed because he was imprisoned. Bad news for him. Good news for me.

---

We now count 82 men. It is still a way to go, but with our new Pinnace, it should be far easier to take on larger ships.
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

encore!
dclare4

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: now i remember one of my earliest wishes for Pirates Gold Reply with quote

I guess it's corny but here it is... Printable Captains Logs!!

I guess I'm not the only one who wrote down all my 'adventures'

Clare
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess not. Smile Why don't you join the "adventures of" story in the Tavern and show us your writing skills. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: