Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Guardacosta's Mod- all dutch texts changed to Brethren
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14635 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardacostas wrote:
This mod is at it's finish. Just wondering what took the place of tobacco last minute before release date of the game? Sugar or goods? Probably goods, because its so annoying and can mean anything. If anyone feels like toying with the mod who don't ye add tobacco back ye hear??

I'd guess "goods" based on how generic the image is. I swapped tobacco back in for most of my mods, the graphics and everything are already in there
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as i can't remember which was in the exe or not, can someone remove the shipnames_neu and the location_names_neu from the exe? i would like to change all dutch settlement names and ship names to all pirate names Sailor
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you managed to get the text_enu files in your executable I suppose a tow truck could pull them out. Once you get that done there be a fpk pack in your assets folder called lang0. Use Packbuild or fpk unpacker and unpack it for ships grab ships_enu for locations grab the locatins_enu. open with notepad start renaming save close stick in customs or assets
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14635 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you don't need the exe for that I don't think. Those are in the files you can edit in Notepad and it should override everything
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there was no modded exe within the bethren mod files. but there is a brotherhood.fbk file. In there is shipnames_enu. Fleetp said what you have to do is unpack the brotherhood.fbk file, remove the shipnames_enu and than pack it back up. Any of you buccaneers up for a little modding on this fine sunday?

He also said the fbk file overrides anything unpacked put into your custom or assets folders. I know i can edit the text shipnames and location names, theyre in the brotherhood game folder right now
fleetp
Boatswain

36038 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardacostas wrote:
Actually there was no modded exe within the bethren mod files. but there is a brotherhood.fbk file. In there is shipnames_enu. Fleetp said what you have to do is unpack the brotherhood.fbk file, remove the shipnames_enu and than pack it back up. Any of you buccaneers up for a little modding on this fine sunday?

He also said the fbk file overrides anything unpacked put into your custom or assets folders. I know i can edit the text shipnames and location names, theyre in the brotherhood game folder right now

It's been ages since I said that. I'm not sure that the fbk file overrides anything unpacked is true.
If the shipnames_enu is removed from the fbk and a revised shipnames_enu is placed in the custom or assets the revision should take precedence.
fleetp
Boatswain

36038 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
Guardacostas wrote:

It's been ages since I said that, or did any modding in SMP. I'm not sure that the fbk file overrides anything unpacked is true.
If the shipnames_enu is removed from the fbk and a revised shipnames_enu is placed in the custom or assets the revision should take precedence.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
Guardacostas wrote:

It's been ages since I said that. I'm not sure that the fbk file overrides anything unpacked is true.

Well ill give it a go sometime soon, hopefully both texts will overwrite
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardacostas wrote:

Both texts DID overwrite. i got a game now going
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardacostas wrote:
Guardacostas wrote:

Both texts DID overwrite. i got a game now going

Careful I just tried the same thing and about halfway through the game a hand came out of the monitor and slapped the shit out of me. Must be another bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: