Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Monty's hideout NW of Gran Granada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WWSD
Powder Monkey

91 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Monty's hideout NW of Gran Granada Reply with quote

From a quick read of past threads, it seems that this is not an uncommon problem. My map tells me to find Monty NW of Gran Granada. The map only shows a bit of sea, including a landmark: Captain's Reef.

http://i9.tinypic.com/4xzz9jq.jpg

So, I land west of Gran Granada. I make my way there, and begin the search. Let's just say it didn't go so well. Have a look:

http://i18.tinypic.com/5ykgkr7.jpg

Red mark is Gran Granada. The green X is where I assumed Monty's hideout would be. When I tried to go northwest from Gran Granada, however, I just got lost. Sometimes I found some dead trees, on other occasions a geyser, and once I somehow made it back to GG.

So I switched on my internets tubes to find help, and I found some solutions to other Gran Granada-related troubles, so I tried to remain on the east coast this time.

I have gone between the yellow X and well south of the Gran Granada coast to make sure, but I still haven't found Monty's hideout. So now what? Do I need to go even further north, closer to the Yucatan?

Will anyone be able to help a pirate earn his fortune before he is so old that he will only be able to command a wheelchair? Not to mention the mutinous crew members... (see the world, they said!)
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That little bit of water on your map is Lake Izabel inland just a bit from your yellow X. You shouldn't have to walk more than 5 minutes real time to find the hide out. Use your telescope while walking. There will never, ever be anything anywhere near Gran Granada itself and the only reason to ever go there is to sack the town or just to see it to say you've been there.
WWSD
Powder Monkey

91 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it. Turned out that when I went searching for that lake, I went too far west, while it was actually to the southwest.
Capt. Cannon
Cutthroat

151 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations, WWSD. I once had a treasure who's seamark was in the large lake in the middle of florida (okeechobee?) I got alot of ojidda looking for it, but i finally found it.

Johnny Ringo- "This fight isn't with you"
Doc Holliday-"I bed to Diffuh."
(Tombstone)

http://www.fishnj.netfirms.com/

Capt. Cannon <((((((<
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: