Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Monteblans Hideout... Near Vera Cruz, HELP!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyGuy000
Powder Monkey

42 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Monteblans Hideout... Near Vera Cruz, HELP! Reply with quote

This is my first time playing Pirates! and I am to the part where I have all of the map pieces for Monteblan's Hideout. The map says it is North of Vera Cruz. I have found other landmarks through the maps, but most of them were near water or had a landmark with a name. This one is only on land. I searched the Orienteering part of the forum here but most of them were Campeche or Villa Hormosa, which are close to Vera Cruz. Help with this plz.

[img]http://members.cox.net/crazyaznidiot/Montalban.bmp[/img]
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are quite common maps, especially north of Vera Cruz.

The usual trick is to sail along the coast until you find one of the landmarks on water (Captain's Reef or some such) and then land close to that and explore a bit inland. (It does not matter that you cannot see them on your map - they tend to be close to the correct location in any case.)

Note:

1) If you can _walk through_ the normal landmarks (cabins, totem poles) once you have landed, you landed at the wrong place. Just go back to the ship and sail north, looking for the next landmark at sea.

2) If you cannot walk through the cabins, geysers etc. then you are close to the correct area. Just explore a bit and you should find the right place.
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First guess would be southern Texax.
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, near the mouth of the Rio Grande, anyway. Although I have found locations just up the coast from Vera Cruz.

FYI, CrazyGuy000, for some reason BMP files tend not to show using the [img][/img] delimiters. Next time convert it to a JPG (which works).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: