Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Campeche Map...Looking for Montalban
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hazy
Powder Monkey

125 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Campeche Map...Looking for Montalban Reply with quote

On a roll here as I am up to Montalban's hideout in 3 Pirates Years Smile. Some help with this map if one could offer. I have searched for about 2 days on this one.

rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First guess.
SW corner of the Bay of Honduras.

second guess. North along the coast from there.
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And almost certainly well inland, else there'd be a bit of coastline showing. There should be a coastal landmark (called Captain's Reef or Shark Rock or something) on the coast closest to the map location; try landing there (southwest corner of the Bay of Honduras or along the east coast of the Yucatan peninsula, as RupertLittleBear suggests) and casting about for the northern or eastern landmarks.

Use your spyglass (NumPad key 9 when on land) to peer about, especially when you're on a ridge, and if no one's mentioned this Montalban's hideout appears as a settlement with a wall, a central tower, and some native huts outside. Head your party towards that tower to get the encounter going.
Capt Peter Blackthorne
Cutthroat

1827 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other tip: If you're wandering around finding nothing but the occasional geyser and dead tree, you're in the wrong place. You want to be seeing totem poles, temple ruins, stone heads and arched rocks. That's how you know you're at least in the ballpark.
Rd Falcon
Powder Monkey

66 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Capt Peter Blackthorne"]One other tip: If you're wandering around finding nothing but the occasional geyser and dead tree, you're in the wrong place. You want to be seeing totem poles, temple ruins, stone heads and arched rocks. That's how you know you're at least in the ballpark.[/quote]

Yeah, I found out that those types of landmarks are around your treasure, even if they arnt on your map. So if you find those, just start looking around untill you find the landmarks that are on your map.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More specifically, if you can walk through the dead trees, you are way off course. If you cannot walk through them, you are relatively close to the target area.
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: