Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Does anyone have Fab's flag pack?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bchevy04
Powder Monkey

359 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Does anyone have Fab's flag pack? Reply with quote

Odd question I know but apparently back in the early days of this forum a user named fab had a group of historically accurate flags much better than vanilla. All the links that lead to the download are dead. I'd imagine nobody still has it as it's over 10 years old but I thought if someone at least has a working link that's be appreciated.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone have Fab's flag pack? Reply with quote

bchevy04 wrote:
Odd question I know but apparently back in the early days of this forum a user named fab had a group of historically accurate flags much better than vanilla. All the links that lead to the download are dead. I'd imagine nobody still has it as it's over 10 years old but I thought if someone at least has a working link that's be appreciated.

That's is not an odd question. I searched my archives, but I don't have it. I also did an internet search for fab_flagpack.zip, but like you, found dead links.

I did noticed on one of fab's posts at another web site he mentioned his final flag pack had a French flag with three fleur-de-lis on a blue background (he picked that as the fleur-de-lis on a white background didn;t look good in the game).
If none of our members have fab's original pack, if you post images of what you'd like to see, perhaps one of us could make some plags for you.

PS: Thanks for submitting the American flag mod.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether I have that pack, but I do have some historical flags, including a French fleur-de-lis flag, though I can't remember whether it has one lily or three. I'll check it the next time I'm on my old XP laptop.
bchevy04
Powder Monkey

359 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have the Davos historical city flag pack from this site which I believe served as a base for Fab's pack. That download is fortunately still up and has the French flag with the 3 fleur-de-lis that I believe you're looking for.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m sure I had it before but I’m thinking I don’t now. Anyway flags are easy to make. If you can’t find then give me images of what your looking for.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bchevy04 wrote:
I do have the Davos historical city flag pack from this site which I believe served as a base for Fab's pack. That download is fortunately still up and has the French flag with the 3 fleur-de-lis that I believe you're looking for.

The file is flag_fre3_alt.dds

I'm not looking for it; I merely mentioned that fab referred to it and included something similar in his final version.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the improved America mod have the first U.S presidents hanging in the ballroom? How about a Stars and Strips bikini barmaid and governers daughters? There will still be Dutch text in the game unless you modify the excutable
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Ecco's Historic Flags. Have you looked at those? No ballroom? Ok then we'll accept the bikini barmaid then if that makes it easier on you. Smile
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
I liked Ecco's Historic Flags. Have you looked at those? No ballroom? Ok then we'll accept the bikini barmaid then if that makes it easier on you. Smile

I'm using Ecco's English and Dutch flags, and for Spain I'm using Davos's flag.
I'm using the default French flag (blue with one fleur de lis).
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow pirates,
I've moved the hex editing posts to a new topic.
Very respectfully,
fleetp
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I repainted all the pirate flags which makes them stand out better. I like them better anyway. I know I have repainted the French flag before but i doubt I still have it. Anyway I liked Ecco's French flag really well. I like the modern Spanish flag and did have the whole set including the event flags but I probably lost that too. I do have the Spanish flag with the Black Bull silhouette in the middle of it for Marquis Montalban, Baron Raymondo and Colonel Mendoza.
bchevy04
Powder Monkey

359 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to create some event flags for Davos' Spanish and Dutch flags based on Ecco's design as it was a simple matter of recoloring a tricolor. I still have vanilla French and English event flags however as France's single fleur-de-lis flag is close enough to the three fleur-de-lis from their actual flag and the Union Jack is a bit difficult to replicate.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14583 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that it seems to be lost, for what it's worth my Caribbean flags pack has most of what he's describing, including options for the 1606 Union Jack and the French royal colours:

http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=124724#124724
corsair91
Sailing Master

206141 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joelwest - MOD - sails and flags
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8453

Sails & Flags Collection

includes

Historic Flags by Davos
Historic Flags by Ecco

and others
(see contents list included in the thread)

Davos - Historical Flags
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9188

Ecco_Historic_Flag_1.02.zip

http://hookedonpirates.com/mods/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=Ecco_Historic_Flag_1.02.zip&directory=Flag%20and%20Sail%20Combos&
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: