Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Using the trainer with the Steam version of Pirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Using the trainer with the Steam version of Pirates Reply with quote

Kobra299 made an important discovery, which deserves to be stickied, rather than hidden away. His original comment has been slightly edited.

I got the trainer working on the Steam version of Pirates; I had to change the game type from 1.20 to the Bigpond and TryMedia one and it works.

EDIT by fleet: Your results may vary.

Last edited by fleetp on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy he got it to work but after thinking about it I was wondering why it worked. The trainer works with version 1.0, 1.1, and if you notice th next will say 1.02/ Steam. Not being a overly gifted with intelligence I'm assuming that Steam did not release the game until patch 1.02 came out and that's perhaps why you don't see 1.0/steam or 1.01/steam. Bigpond I'm thinking is a down under company that made games available for downloading. If that is the case then why is it working for a steam game rather then the 1.02/steam. I'm thinking too that the trainer has bugs like for instance make all towns wealthy will cause my game to crash but most everything else works just fine. Could this be a result of the differences from the steam version and the regular cd version of the game? Being a skeptic by nature I don't always make the assumption that what someone said is correct. I'd feel much more comfortable if we had some known steam users try the trainer out to see which setting worked for them before we can say Big Pond is the one steam users should select.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@pirate
I skimmed through the trainer thread, and didn't see any instances where people said they got the trainer to work with steam. Since kobra was the only person (I might have missed someone else saying how they got it to work) who posted that he got it to work, I thought how he did it should be highlighted.

If someone posts that the method didn't work for them I will alter my post. Would it be better if I just deleted my post now?

I don't want to disseminate false information.

Very respectfully,
fleet
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
@pirate
I skimmed through the trainer thread, and didn't see any instances where people said they got the trainer to work with steam. Since kobra was the only person (I might have missed someone else saying how they got it to work) who posted that he got it to work, I thought how he did it should be highlighted.

If someone posts that the method didn't work for them I will alter my post. Would it be better if I just deleted my post now?

I don't want to disseminate false information.

Very respectfully,
fleet

I would like to hear from other steam users so that it could be determined weather or not Bigpond is the correct setting. Kobra may very well have discovered the correct setting but it just doesn't make sense to me why it would work on Bigpond. Since I'm only one of us in this great community we have it would be best to hear from others as to weather or not you should delete it or not. I mean I would hate to see a man who really did make a discovery to have his findings deleted. I don't think we want to do that to anybody.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings All. I skimmed back thru the Trainer Sticky to see what I could dig up. I feel like I had a valid reason for being skeptical as to the trainer working on Bigpond for Steam users. As I expected Bigpond is a downloadable version of SMP but it's a Australian company and different folks then steam. I did see that the creator said that steam was on the normal setting of 1.02 but I saw too someone claiming it worked for them on BigPond but I'm not certain if they had the Steam version or not. Unless we have other people to step up and say my steam version only works on Bigpond or my steam version works on on 1.02 then we have to assume that Kobra made his work this way but I wouldn't wright it in stone for everybody based on just this. The best advice I could give someone is if your Steam doesn't work on it's intended 1.02 steam then try Bigpond. It might be that the Steam exe and Bigponds are similar or it might be a bug in the trainer I don't know but I do know it didn't make sense to me that it will work on BigPond. I don't think it was intended to anyway even if it does. Whats your view folks? I welcome all comments good bad or somewhere in between.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At http://www.cheathappens.com/show_board2.asp?headID=86162&titleID=9981

I found this:
"DigitalIP posted on Oct 31, 2010 12:08:53 AM

Sorry for such a late post, incase anyone still has issues, This works on all versions. Run the game then the trainer or other way around(cant remember been a while) On the Trainer goto SMP Version and select the version your using, i have it for Steam and it works on the BigPond/Trymedia version on the Trainer, to see if it works goto "Personal Status" on the trainer and set your gold to the amount you choose and click "Lock". everything else is explained in the readme."

I checked and this is for Phalzyr's Trainer.

Like pirate, I want to hear about others' experiences with the trainer on the Steam version of SMP.
Ungo
Powder Monkey

87 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded this game on Steam after a long hiatus (last time I logged on this site was 2005!). After playing for a few hours I remembered how much I hated dancing on the higher levels so I decided to come back here.

Instead of going to the PHTrainer thread and reading it first I just went straight to the mods section and downloaded the latest version (which I thought was the latest version at the time..) of the PHTrainer in the "other" section which is 3.18. After trying everything I still couldn't get it to work so I started reading the main thread and realized that 3.20 is out.

After downloading the correct 3.20 trainer it worked flawlessly with Steam after selecting BigPond/Try Media. The 1.02/Steam option doesn't work. It also doesn't seem to matter if you have the game open first or the trainer. They both work for me. I haven't encountered any bugs using various options that cause it to crash either.

Either way hope this helped. I posted the 3.18 story just in case someone else did the same thing I did.

Also I'm using Windows-7 64 bit.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ungo,
Welcome back! Smile
I'm glad you got the trainer to work correctly.
Eleven years between posts must be a new record.

Very respectfully,
fleetp
BaCoNZ_
Powder Monkey

20 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! First should I install 3.20 and use Big Pond. If so where can I find the 3.20 download. Second when I used 3.18 it said " The code execution cannot proceed because trainerkit.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program, may fix this problem." right after I extracted it and tried to run the trainer. I installed 3 times and found the file it couldn't find. Could this happen in the the 3.20 download? Thank you
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaCoNZ_ wrote:
Hi! First should I install 3.20 and use Big Pond. If so where can I find the 3.20 download. Second when I used 3.18 it said " The code execution cannot proceed because trainerkit.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program, may fix this problem." right after I extracted it and tried to run the trainer. I installed 3 times and found the file it couldn't find. Could this happen in the the 3.20 download? Thank you

The PHtrainer version 3.20 is at
https://gamefront.online/files/listing/pub2/sid-meiers-pirates/Tools_and_Utilities/
It's the one I use.
The Trainer version (Steam or Bigpond) you choose depends on what version of Sid Meier's Pirates you have.
If you are using the CD version of Pirates, select the Steam version of the trainer.
Rikaelus
Powder Monkey

28 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I broke Steam Pirates! out after some time and can similarly confirm the "BigPond/Try Media" is the option to use.

Windows 10 Professional
Installed on D drive
corsair91
Sailing Master

206141 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalzyr - Sid Meiers Pirates! PHTrainer v3.20
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8562

Sid Meiers Pirates! PHTrainer v3.20
https://www.lonebullet.com/tools/download-sid-meiers-pirates-phtrainer-v320-free-295.htm

set to Bigpond/Trymedia SMP for Steam/GOG

steam Guide

How to make a Game Trainers Work with Sid Meiers Pirates (Steam)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2085934821

recommends using the adammil -
Sid Meier's Pirates Challenge Pack

http://www.adammil.net/blog/v121_The_Sid_Meier_s_Pirates_Challenge_Pack.html

http://www.adammil.net/files/121/ChallengePack.zip

and generate a game executable

Use the adammil generated executable,
instead of the native Steam SM pirates executable
with any Trainer

(some Mods may include a custom version of an
adammil generated executable)

see above link for further info

Last edited by corsair91 on Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
corsair91
Sailing Master

206141 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Automate Dancing + All cheats!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2799882699

By JC Denton

This guide will tell you how to actually use "Phalzyr's SMP Trainer Version 3.20" to automate the much hated dancing mini-game along with using the many other cheats that come with this trainer. (For the steam version of the game with windows 10).

Intro + Warning

The trainer wasn't working for me and I really wanted to skip dancing (or at least automate it as this trainer does) so here is how to really make it work with the steam version of the game on windows 10:

Just as a word of warning: I didn't make this trainer or host it so do your due-diligence like using any third party software. I scanned it with Bitdefender anti-virus software after downloading it, installing it and I scanned the game and trainer again after using it.

TLDR Instructions

1) Download "Phalzyr's SMP Trainer Version 3.20"
2) Extract it anywhere
3) Run the Trainer as admin
4) Launch the game
5) Start new game or load a game. Alt+Tab and make sure the Trainer's "Personal Status" tab has info filled in (with the amount of crew, gold and food you have).
***If not, change "SMP Version" to BigPond/Trymedia". YES, EVEN IF YOU'RE USING THE PAID, STEAM VERSION***
6) If step 5 doesn't work (and you closed/re-opened both) Trainer->"SMP Version" -> "Set Offset" and follow the instructions.
Close / reopen both the trainer and the game again.
7) Changing the "Gold" field and clicking lock should change your gold immediately. This is how you can test it worked.

Instructions
1) Download "Phalzyr's SMP Trainer Version 3.20". (I got mine from "lonebullet" here: https://www.lonebullet.com/tools/download-sid-meiers-pirates-phtrainer-v320-free-295.htm)

2) Extract the folder anywhere (I put the CONTENTS of the folder in the same folder as the "Pirates!.exe" so that "PHTrainer.exe" is in the same folder as "Pirates!.exe". e.g. D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Pirates!)

3) Right-click the "PHTrainer.exe" -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> tick "Run this program as an administrator" (I DON'T use compatibility modes e.g. vista, 7, XP etc.)

4) Run the trainer (PHTrainer.exe). If it doesn't launch the game, then you might want to follow step N below. Start the game (If this guide doesn't work try starting after the game instead).

5) Start new game or load a game. Alt+Tab and make sure the Trainer's "Personal Status" tab has info filled in (with the amount of crew, gold and food you have). If not, change "SMP Version" to BigPond/Trymedia" (Yes! even though this is the steam version!!! If this doesn't work for you, you can also try the steam version but "BigPond/Trymedia" is what finally worked for me).

6) If "Personal Status" tab still doesn't fill with the currently loaded/started game's info (with the amount of crew, gold and food you have), then click "SMP Version" -> "Reset Offset" or click "SMP Version" -> "Set Offset" and follow the instructions to find the gold's Hex and set it like that.

Close both the trainer and the game and then once again launch the trainer then the game again whenever you change version with "SMP Version" or "Reset/Set Offset".

7) to ensure it worked, try change your gold to a random number in the trainer's "Personal Status" tab and click "Lock". The game should update the gold number IMMEDIATELY when you alt+tab back into the game. Even if the game is paused. You should also be hearing sounds from clicking the "Lock" and "Unlock" button next to the "Gold" field.

N) OPTIONAL (to launch the game automatically after launching the trainer): Find your "Steam.dll" in your steam folder (where your steam.exe is) and put it in the same folder as your "Pirates!.exe".

Outro
Please rate this guide if it helps.

I didn't find these instructions easily and didn't know how to easily check if it was working or not like in step 7 so I thought I'd write this guide.
I now use the trainer to skip dancing by going into the trainer's "Options" tab and ticking "Auto Dance" and "Always Graceful" and just let the dancing play by itself ... It was just so repetitive, difficult, long and had terrible feedback on whether you timed it too fast or slow to get the perfect timing (twirl move).

Now, enjoy this great game as you like playing it!

Kupo 13 Aug @ 3:21am
If you can't get it to work, just turn on your CAPS lock.

During the dance, hit 'P' to pause the game.

Abuse pausing to watch for and input the dance moves at whatever pace you want/need.

You can also abuse pausing during sword fights and any other aspect of the game.

JC Denton [author] 23 May @ 7:17am
(If "BigPond/Trymedia" doesn't work, try step 6 and read the longer instructions)

JC Denton [author] 23 May @ 7:16am
Hmm sounds like what happened to me when I didn't do step 5.
Did you use "BigPond/Trymedia" like in step 5? You have to use it despite using the steam version of the game.
- Are you using the steam version of the game?
- Are you using windows 10 or something else?

unknown_swampert 21 May @ 3:04pm
When I had the window for the smp trainer open, and started a new game for pirates, when I skipped the mutiny cut scene, all it did was close the window.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: