Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Reposting some mods
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlangsdo
Cutthroat

10932 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reposting some mods Reply with quote

I've moved many of my old mods and key Pirates scripts to this new DropBox directory. Hopefully this time the links won't break.

Deleted broken link.

Bermuda.zip : moves Bermuda back into play and labels it
Dark_Skinned_Daughters.zip : Adjusts skin shade for some daughters
East_Indies_Mod.zip : Relocates the action to the East Indies; French replaced by Portuguese.
Fencing_Academy_2.zip : Lots of savegames for fencing practice
GeographyMaps.zip : Put modern national boundaries on the world map
TreasureMapRutter.zip : Zoomed in map shows coastline just like treasure maps
pirates_savegame_editor.pl : Converts a savegame file to a readable and editable text file and back
smp_fpk_unpack.pl : Unpack your fpk files for working on your own mods
smp_patch.pl : cross-platform compatible executable patching script
dance.patch : New dance steps
treasure_hint_swap.patch : remove text labels from treasure maps

Enjoy!
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:05 am    Post subject: big thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for reposting your mods. I have them all saved offline anyway, but they really are awesome mods that really help keep the game alive.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject: Treasure Map coder Reply with quote

I noticed you did not repost the treasure map coder. I was trying to load it the other day and can't get it to print. I have another version that merges the savegameeditor and treasure map coder and it won't print either. They are functioning at some level as the backup maps and new map are being created.
jlangsdo
Cutthroat

10932 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi parksbanyon - could you point me to the thread where the treasure map coder was originally posted? Maybe I can repost it if I know what file I am looking for. Or you could send me the file and I could try to fix the problem.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3742149/TMap.rar , this is your original package plus the text from the thread, AdamMilt figured out the 2nd naming convention method. http://hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6661&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight= original thread.
jlangsdo
Cutthroat

10932 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zx321b4baa455ui/show_landmarks.zip?dl=0

This is an improved version of show_landmarks which you run in the background. It scans the savegame directory periodically looking for new savegames (like battle or arrival) and updates the map accordingly. It has built-in code for unpacking the starting bmp file for the world map.

To get it to work for a non-Mac, you will need to look in the code and fix the EDIT HERE section to put in the correct paths to find the Assets and Game (savegame) directories.

Also, you must have the pirates_savegame_editor.pl in the same directory as show_landmarks.pl
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: changed layout Reply with quote

Back when you made it originally, I added the save game editor and tmap together, with a new interface. I still panic after all these years when staring at a black screen with a blinking cursor, I added some input lines so it was "talking to me". I will give it a try.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: initial run Reply with quote

gave it a try still not getting text or diamonds. generating backup and new map. posting code changes for windows users, hope someone gives it a try. I think this is a problem I am having as it always worked before and hypersnap is not working in fullscreen either.

FOR WINDOWS USERS FOLLOWING CODE ADDITIONS:

Change Line 33: from:
Code:
use File::Copy;

to
Code:
use Win32;use File::Copy;

Change lines 131-137 from:
Code:
## EDIT HERE ######
  $edit_line = __LINE__;
  $savegame_dir = "/Users/$ENV{USER}/Library/Preferences/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Pirates!/My Games/Game";
  $assets_dir = "/Applications/Sid Meier's Pirates!/PiratesData/Assets";
  ###################

to:
Code:
## EDIT HERE ######
  $edit_line = __LINE__;
  my $WDlogin = getlogin;
  my $WDocgame = "/Users/$WDlogin/My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Pirates!/";
  my $wOS = Win32::GetOSDisplayName(); my $substr = "64"; my $pf = "";
  if (index($wOS, $substr) != -1) {$pf = "Program Files (x86)";} else {$pf = "Program Files";}
  my $WDassets = "/$pf/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Pirates!/Assets";
  $savegame_dir = $WDocgame;
  $assets_dir = $WDassets;
  ###################

This allows for your specific username folder and correct path depending on x86 or 64 bit windows systems.
The Aberdonian
Cutthroat

9958 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone keep a version of the Bermuda.zip file ? Been a few years that I played Pirates! as a few things in real life came up.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have it but it would be easier if you scroll up to the top here Jlangsdo has them already uploaded.
The Aberdonian
Cutthroat

9958 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
I might have it but it would be easier if you scroll up to the top here Jlangsdo has them already uploaded.

Thanks, I tried that, but the Bermuda.zip file is not within the files of that Dropbox link. There is the Barbados file but not the Bermuda file. I also checked the Bermuda mod thread but the link in there is outdated.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a couple of days and Ill look to see if i have it. I know ihad it before but im not sure now. Im awayf from my gaming computer now so its gonna be a day or two before i can look.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay but I finally checked and it appears I know longer have this mod anymore.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the Bermuda mod either. Sad

Perhaps one of our other members has it and will make it accessible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: