Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

This Just In!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll believe it when I believe it.
Powder Monkey

243 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

headrock wrote:
How about a raid? We'll pack onto a war canoe, board them, and hold the crew hostage until they finish the patch.

P.S. Sweet signature pic, rosemary, but as much as I regret saying this, I think it needs to be made smaller so it doesn't clutter. Smile

Sweet pic though. Who's the artist?

Surely you're right! I will reduce the pic a bit just now!
The artist? *blush* well... I am! *blush* Oops or blush
For the raid, count me on!
However, in the game's patch list of the offical take2's support page, the only game supported is Stronghold 2... uhm...uhm... ok, don't panic!
... AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! AAAAAH!!! Shocked

- Rosemary "the swashbuckler" Anderson.
- Signora e padrona del famigerato "Rifugio degli smargiassi"!
Rosemary Anderson
Powder Monkey

243 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahr! Someone at Firaxis emailed me, just now, that:
We are just about ready to release patch 1.0.2, which will be a world-wide
patch. =)

Oh, God, what a wonderful news! Smile

- Rosemary "the swashbuckler" Anderson.
- Signora e padrona del famigerato "Rifugio degli smargiassi"!
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosemary Anderson wrote:
headrock wrote:
How about a raid? We'll pack onto a war canoe, board them, and hold the crew hostage until they finish the patch.

P.S. Sweet signature pic, rosemary, but as much as I regret saying this, I think it needs to be made smaller so it doesn't clutter. Smile

However, in the game's patch list of the offical take2's support page, the only game supported is Stronghold 2... uhm...uhm... ok, don't panic!

Wow an excellent artist good job
and I have to doubley regret to shrink it a tad bit i would have to say around the size of the Don't panic smiley. Since we are letting airsaw get away with that size.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiratesFan wrote:
i would have to say around the size of the Don't panic smiley. Since we are letting airsaw get away with that size.
Aw, it's not a smiley, it's ah...ah...a LOGO? Signature? If it's too big I won't cry if I have to find something else. Well, not much, anyway. Boo hoo! I always wondered what compelled someone to design it, it's so obnoxious.
Powder Monkey

925 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DNA hated it...
Sashanan
Swabbie

1172 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two weeks would be grand; but if it's more I'll be happy to wait for it as well. Not as though I'm going anywhere. Razz

Took 'em a while but if it all works out in the end, I remain a happy customer.
Vulture
Gunner

606 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Airsaw, and I am not going to install it (providing it does actually appear) until I get Rupertlittlebear's official review!! Razz Razz Razz

32 brightly polished cannons, a bottle o'rum, ahh..... a pirates life for me!
Nukenin
Swabbie

1497 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the naysayers will find fault with any patch no matter how thorough it is in addressing identified issues.

I'll be upset if the morphing Captain of the Guard isn't addressed, though. I want the Captain I duel and the barmaid clonks to be the same bloke wot was harassing the barmaid to begin with!
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nukenin wrote:
I'm sure the naysayers will find fault with any patch no matter how thorough it is in addressing identified issues.
Not to put too fine a point on things, those on this forum commenting on this "patch to be", are not "naysayers", as you put it. Many of them are accomplished technicians with regard to computers. Others are veterans of video/computer games dating back to Pong. Many of them are ardent fans of Pirates! and have played it faithfully since the first one came out. These are honest concerns voiced by honest people. Some of the tone of the comments comes from having watched this all transpire from day one. You could say the shine has worn off, which was disappointing, but you can see they're still in for good, or ill. I play with the only patch, and you yourself commented on but one of the problems with that. I think craftsmanship and the desire to have a bucket that doesn't leak when one pays for a bucket that doesn't leak, instead of a pretty bucket made of all shiny metal and all with holes in the bottom is the issue at hand here...patch. Plug the holes? Why are there holes in a finished product? Are we, as "consumers" buying faulty goods and just brassing our way through it as a matter of ego, or misplaced confidence? It's no small thing, considering the money these game producers wind-up making off of ... US? Yeah, us. We de peeples.
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miko wrote:
DNA hated it...

He did? Tell me more! Surprised
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosemary Anderson wrote:
headrock wrote:

Thats a very nice web page you have there Rosemary. The music is nice. I wish I could read it. But it looks great... Thumbs Up
Swabbie

1212 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy the address and run it through google, then go to the translated version...

That's what I did anyways.
Booty King
Powder Monkey

112 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good looking sight, and a lovely "little" icon you got there too. Kudos. Rosemary has always been one of my favorite names.
My apologies for this post having nothing to do with the forum subject matter. I just couldn't keep myself from commenting. Too much Rum, I'm afraid.
FexFX
Powder Monkey

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: I Have 1.0.2 Mateys! Reply with quote

Very Happy
I just went down to Fry's Here locally, and bought me a copy of Pirates!...
It be version 1.02 out of the box YAR!

Now I be not knowin what were done in patch 1.01 for sure, but this version already appears a bit different...there seems to be a few more options under graphics than I remembers!

Could be me old mind and the salty air has corroded my memory as I held off on buyin meself a copy until now, and only bought it now because the patch were due...imagine my surprise when for 19.95 I nabbed a copy with the 2K Games logo on the box, and 1.0.2 inside!

Yar!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: