Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

minor relations / useless items mod
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The edit worked like a charm! Thanks again!
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandiuscreel wrote:
a ship in motion might well be able to change its course enough to at least avoid part of a broadside
My impression from reading about historical cannon is that the delay would have been around 0-4 seconds - probably 0-2 seconds at normal engagement range - which doesn't seem like enough time to react, turn the rudder, and significantly deflect a large ship, which can normally manage a turn rate of only 0.5-3 degrees per second. So I think not being able to dodge cannonballs is realistic. :-) It makes positioning relative to the opponent and the wind (including on the world map before combat begins) a lot more important.

Of course realistic isn't the same as fun... :-P
Mandiuscreel wrote:
The edit worked like a charm! Thanks again!
Glad to hear it.
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note for AdamMil.

The edit you gave me continues to work perfectly, and is just about right. the captains listen to me when they like me, but refuse to talk to me when they don't I haven't had a recurrence of the problem of not being in their good graces permanently, so I'm fairly certain it was a glitch in my system.

Still, the crew scores appearing in a tavern fight was interesting. It makes me wonder if some of the shipboard aspects of the duel could be ported into a tavern, like swinging on ropes and kicking buckets around...
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can have swinging on the ropes in taverns but the ropes are not visible. I once turned all the criminals into some of the top ten pirates by renaming all the pirates files to the criminals.
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like fun. You just substituted the names in the text file?

EDIT: Wait, re-read your post. All the files. Got it.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rename the .nif and all the other action files that go with it. Its a lot of renaming but I did it.
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did something similar with the daughters once, trying to use attractive daughters as Plain, wide-faced daughters as Beautiful, and narrow-faced daughters as Attractive.

It worked, sort of. I missed something with the animation for the "Plain" daughters, and the duck-faced monster I created caused no end of giggles.

Wish I had a screenshot, but it was years ago.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup I have created a couple of monsters like the barmaid for the daughters. The animations of the daughter will not work correctly on the barmaid. The Pirates make good male dancers in the ballroom too. They dance with their cutlass in hand like their holding their date hostage.
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandiuscreel wrote:
Still, the crew scores appearing in a tavern fight was interesting.
It's possible this is an error in the "tenacious top pirates" mod, which changes the way duels work so that you have to beat the top pirates in a duel. If you can find another situation where you can fight the captain of the guard, can you please try the following? 1) quit & save, 2) backup your save file, 3) fight the CoG, 4) if the scores appear and he immediately surrenders (as you described), disable the Tenacious Top Pirates mod and restore the copy of your saved game, 5) try fighting him again, 6) if the problem disappears send me a copy of the saved game...

Thanks!
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do that, but I've played a couple of games since then, testing out the cannon shot adjustments, and have had a few tavern duels, with no recurrence of the glitch.

All I have to do is turn off the Iron-man Mod, and games will be saved in the "Arrival" slot when I go to a port.
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandiuscreel wrote:
I'll do that, but I've played a couple of games since then... with no recurrence of the glitch.
Well that makes me feel better. Maybe I won't have to dig into that old code again after all...
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamMil wrote:
Mandiuscreel wrote:
I'll do that, but I've played a couple of games since then... with no recurrence of the glitch.
Well that makes me feel better. Maybe I won't have to dig into that old code again after all...

In my current game I had another long dry spell with the pirates after fighting Blackbeard, but it resolved itself. What seems to happen is change over time. I didn't do much in the way of piracy because I was concentrating on finding Raymondo and figuring out the fragments of map I had, and suddenly the pirates welcomed me again.

I did make a point of fighting a few COG's and a couple of ship captains, but there was no sign of the Duel glitch.
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandiuscreel wrote:
In my current game I had another long dry spell with the pirates after fighting Blackbeard, but it resolved itself. What seems to happen is change over time.
In general, relations return to neutral gradually over time, IIRC.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might still have some of those tavern rope swingers if anybody wants to try em out just say purity please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: