Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

New Quiz Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirate's History Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 895, 896, 897  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fleetp
Boatswain

36038 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltimore, Ireland (Eire)
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:

Correct.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
fleetp wrote:

Correct.

I guess - it is still correct...
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparticus wrote:
Roland wrote:
fleetp wrote:

Correct.

I guess - it is still correct...

Why - oh Why are there no more questions ?

Is HOP Finally coming to an end ???

Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ask a piratical (kinda) question while we wait on fleetp.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides; the only PotC movie to have the year it was set in confirmed by the producers (the other three were set "in a range" i.e. 1***-1***ish). What year was "On Stranger Tides" set in? Wait 48 hours before resorting to google. Or google right away and pretend you always knew; I don't know anybody in the NSA, so I wouldn't know if you did. We are pirates after all. Smile

P.S. Even though "On Stranger Tides" was set in 1*** (as said by the producers); said producers never said how many years passed between "At World's End" and "On Stranger Tides" so we still don't know when I-III were set. What we do know is that "Curse of the Black Pearl" was set somewhere between 1*** and 1***; and there was approximately a year between "Curse of the Black Pearl" and "Dead Man's Chest" and only a couple of months between "Dead Man's Chest" and "At World's End." and, as stated above, despite knowing that "On Stranger Tides" takes place in 1*** we don't know how long between "At World's End" and "On Stranger Tides."

P.P.S Heh heh heh... Pee pee.

P.P.P.S Sorry, I have the attention span of a gerbil; I'm easily distrac...SQUIRREL! Ok, it's gone now; easily distracted by shiny objects (it was a robot squirrel).

P.P.P.P.S Maybe I should have split this into more that one post. Oops or blush
fleetp
Boatswain

36038 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Captain Teague for providing a question. I failed to notice that I supposed to come up with a question.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
I'll ask a piratical (kinda) question while we wait on fleetp.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides; the only PotC movie to have the year it was set in confirmed by the producers (the other three were set "in a range" i.e. 1***-1***ish). What year was "On Stranger Tides" set in? Wait 48 hours before resorting to google. Or google right away and pretend you always knew; I don't know anybody in the NSA, so I wouldn't know if you did. We are pirates after all. Smile

P.S. Even though "On Stranger Tides" was set in 1*** (as said by the producers); said producers never said how many years passed between "At World's End" and "On Stranger Tides" so we still don't know when I-III were set. What we do know is that "Curse of the Black Pearl" was set somewhere between 1*** and 1***; and there was approximately a year between "Curse of the Black Pearl" and "Dead Man's Chest" and only a couple of months between "Dead Man's Chest" and "At World's End." and, as stated above, despite knowing that "On Stranger Tides" takes place in 1*** we don't know how long between "At World's End" and "On Stranger Tides."

P.P.S Heh heh heh... Pee pee.

P.P.P.S Sorry, I have the attention span of a gerbil; I'm easily distrac...SQUIRREL! Ok, it's gone now; easily distracted by shiny objects (it was a robot squirrel).

P.P.P.P.S Maybe I should have split this into more that one post. Oops or blush

Good question - and my answer is : a complete guess - 1718 - the year of the permanent departure of Edward Teach from the seas of this Earth...
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incorrect. In fact, Jack Sparrow makes mention of the fact that Ed Thatch (or, Teach in the movies; it's all speculative anyway) is believed to be dead. Any other takers?
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
Incorrect. In fact, Jack Sparrow makes mention of the fact that Ed Thatch (or, Teach in the movies; it's all speculative anyway) is believed to be dead. Any other takers?

So after 1718 ? perhaps we could play the higher / lower game until there is a correct answer ?

I guess - 1725..
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparticus wrote:
Captain Teague wrote:

So after 1718 ? perhaps we could play the higher / lower game until there is a correct answer ?

I guess - 1725..

Incorrect; but I like the higher/lower idea.

Higher.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1730?
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
1730?

Higher.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
Roland wrote:
1730?

Higher.

Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparticus wrote:
Captain Teague wrote:
Roland wrote:
1730?

Higher.

Correct; sorry I didn't see this sooner, for some reason I didn't get notified of a response. I just checked because I felt like it. Anyway, here is the "P.S." from the original post, edited for clarity.

Captain Teague wrote:

Even though "On Stranger Tides" was set in 1750 (as said by the producers); said producers never said how many years passed between "At World's End" and "On Stranger Tides" so we still don't know when I-III were set. What we do know is that "Curse of the Black Pearl" was set somewhere between 1720 and 1750; and there was approximately a year between "Curse of the Black Pearl" and "Dead Man's Chest" and only a couple of months between "Dead Man's Chest" and "At World's End." and, as stated above, despite knowing that "On Stranger Tides" takes place in 1750 we don't know how long between "At World's End" and "On Stranger Tides."

I will add that I have since read that the producers say that "On Stranger Tides" takes place "several years" after "At World's End." How long is "several years?" Your guess is as good as mine.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the name of the Animal on the Australian 20 Cent Coin ?

And - name 2 things that are special about this animal...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirate's History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 895, 896, 897  Next
Page 150 of 897

Jump to: