Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

realistic cannonball speeds
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes a little bit to get used to not having to lead them. :-)
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

When I tried it I forgot to mention I was playing in the Rogue mode. I would certainly recommend stepping back a notch or two if needed for practice. Me getting blowed out of the water though was more my fought decision wise rather than skill wise because I could have came in on him for boarding rather than engaging in a snowball fight with him without trying to move in on him before I ran out of ship. I think I will keep mine on the Rogue mode for now because I hate sword fighting in the other lesser modes. Ole Montalban can still be a pretty tough cookie in Adventurer when he has a large crew and you don't but other than that I find it more difficult to sword fight with my little daughter using a couple of soft foam pirate swords than fighting some of those computer controlled people in the game.
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Rogue is the most fun. :-) I usually start my games on Adventurer and advance to Rogue on the first division of loot, but maybe I'm good enough now that I don't need the extra help in the beginning. :-P
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from Montalban, the one fight I always lose is to the English Captain of the Guard on Swashbuckler when I'm old. One time I got so frustrated that I sacked the town, installed a Dutch governor, and then defeated the new Dutch CoG.
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
Apart from Montalban, the one fight I always lose is to the English Captain of the Guard on Swashbuckler when I'm old.
It may not be the same but I tried practicing the harder saves in the fencing academy, and being old on Rogue or Swashbuckler was so awful. :-P More frustrating than anything. I think I tried 50 times and then gave up. I practiced the Swashbuckler no skill / no items one instead and it was still brutal, but at least my character could move! Took about 40 tries to beat the jealous suitor. But after that training, Montalban in my Rogue game was so much easier. :-)
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Pistols Reply with quote

Heck with old men sword fighting. After you slow down in life you got to find another way to even the odds. How about a mod to make them pistols knock em down instead of being a worthless piece of junk used only by the computer controlled part in the game for a scene and that is it. You can't actually shoot that sucker on your own. Cost you big time though if you buy it from the stranger but you can't really shoot the darn thing.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Blackbeard Reply with quote

If somebody did make a mod to get those pistols to work then I hope they shoot straighter than Blackbeard did against Maynard or we will be swimming around the ship a few times with our heads cut off Smile
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, why aren't there any pirate-based first-person shooters?!
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
I too feel I'm tardy to the party. I loved the game, I just was't I just wasn't internet savvy. I consider myself....no, I am an experienced player. I'll try it tonight and let you know.

I tried it; but all I got was the message; "The program can't start because bink32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Since I doubt that would help; how can I fix the problem?
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
I tried it; but all I got was the message; "The program can't start because bink32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

It sounds like the .exe wasn't placed in your Pirates! game folder (in the same place as Pirates!.exe and bink32.dll).
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Yup Reply with quote

I agree It must not be placed in your game folder. I clicked enough of them on accident outside the folder to know it won't work that way. If it is in the game folder than I am afraid you do have problems with at least the bink32.dll missing and maybe even other files. Of course unless you have backups or are able to extract the.dll from a game cd then you will have little choice but to reinstall.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

AdamMil wrote:
Captain Teague wrote:

It sounds like the .exe wasn't placed in your Pirates! game folder (in the same place as Pirates!.exe and bink32.dll).

Well I feel foolish. I just unpacked and ran, I did't know it made a difference.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw! Your by far foolish my friend! Just smarter! We live and learn it's a never ending cycle.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the game creators feel foolish when they seen those dolphins jumping in and out of the land ike they be in water or something. Kinda funny in a way.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
I wonder if the game creators feel foolish when they seen those dolphins jumping in and out of the land like they be in water or something. Kinda funny in a way.

Funny you should mention that; as i saw the exact same glitch on Assassin's Creed IV while exploring some fishing village. There was a splashing and a commotion over by the docks; and when I went to investigate there was a pair of dolphins just leaping in and out of the beach as if it sea. Hence the splashes...of water. So it's a glitch that has not been fixed; despite the massive upgrade of animation and other gaming tech. Oh well; why worry about little things like realism when you can make a awesome looking game?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: