Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Back in Port
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Back in Port Reply with quote

What a relief it is to find this calm port yet again after such a stormy sail.
Seems there's been some more changes and tweaks made to this venerable game since last I made port, it'll take some time for me to catch up, 'twould seem.

Right now though, I wonder if anyone still has the files and/or has done more work on the character-swap angle since last time I was here? IIRC Parksbanyon, Pirate and a couple others were working on that, has there been further progress?

Finally, if possible I'd like to recover the files and such that I uploaded for my "Irish Rose" texture for the female captain mod. Does anyone still have that original .zip? (All that stuff went "down with the ship" when my leaky old cargo hold (i.e. hard drive) finally burst and sent the old HRMS Porland to Davey Jones' locker.)

Hoping everyone had a good holiday season, and wishing all a happy and prosperous new year.
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I MIGHT have a beta version of your Irish seavixen. It's in a folder I named pirates-raleigh-seavixen-beta
The zip file is IRtex.zip, and it contains 3 dds files:
pretty_captain.dds
player_character_body.dds
player_head_yng.dds

Let me know if you think that's it and I'll upload it and give you the link late tomorrow (family is coming to visit in the morning)..
I'd do it now, but it's late and I'm exhausted.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
I MIGHT have a beta version of your Irish seavixen. It's in a folder I named pirates-raleigh-seavixen-beta
The zip file is IRtex.zip, and it contains 3 dds files:
pretty_captain.dds
player_character_body.dds
player_head_yng.dds

Let me know if you think that's it and I'll upload it and give you the link late tomorrow (family is coming to visit in the morning)..
I'd do it now, but it's late and I'm exhausted.

Ah, fleetp comes through again. Little surprise, that.
Those are exactly the files I am looking for, would you be so kind to make them available at your convenience? Frankly, I'm surprised and honored to have you
respond so quickly as is. Doubly so in light of your being fatigued at the time.
Thank you once again for your help, and your ongoing support for this game and site. Hats off, sir, and a resounding Huzzah!
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time no hear from. Welcome back Captain Raleigh. I’m currently in Thousand Oaks California about a hour from LA. Just returned from Vegas and will be heading back East where my mod files etc are located on the 31st. Glad you returned.
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir W. Raleigh wrote:
[
Ah, fleetp comes through again. Little surprise, that.
Those are exactly the files I am looking for, would you be so kind to make them available at your convenience? Frankly, I'm surprised and honored to have you
respond so quickly as is. Doubly so in light of your being fatigued at the time.
Thank you once again for your help, and your ongoing support for this game and site. Hats off, sir, and a resounding Huzzah!

Here's the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/192oWHNMkYPkSoZsuCaOygMO60WeVQPaR/view?usp=sharing

If you see a message about unable to view preview, just ignore it and download the zip.

Pirate and I have done some recent work in NPC swapping, ballroom dancers comes to mind.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a ton, fleetp. I think I'm actually "back" now. I apologize for leaving off so suddenly after that first post.

Turns out I'm able to recover much of what I uploaded, as the links that I'd posted here still appear to work. If there's any that are "broken" please inform me and I'll fix what I can.

Sadly, I lost much of the stock images & etc. I'd gathered as well as all the "basetone" texture images ... take some time to rebuild that.

Thanks again for your help, and your continued service to the SMP community.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for showing up. I sent Polly after you but since you showed up I don't suppose you will be needing her so I've called her back. Lucky dog you get to keep your crackers. I'm out.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, by a stroke of good fortune I met up wit' her sister up Havana way. The lass claimed to be related, at the least, and bore a fair resemblance.
Claimed to be of the Sechshual line, though she now be wed to a sea Captain name o' Amoruss or some such.

Hard to tell 'course, me nod be well-fogged wi' ale and other pleasures afore we got to the small talk. So it would'na shock me to find I'd been mistaken.

Sailor
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the siren girl must’ve been what you ran across. Otherwise you would be back in port by now. Smile
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for me I picked up three obese woman now I’ve got to find a spot somewhere here on a single bed to catch some shuteye so I’ll be good and rested for work in the morning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: