Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Making textures for "rankpc" models
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks for the info and help Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
I could see where a version 4 of gamebyro won't work in a version 10 slot. I'll try that fix.

Remember the kf simply records the vertice positions of the bone joints, so no matter what we do it will place them in the recorded positions at scene start. Until we can figure out how to redo the animations we're stuck with that.

Thanks. To be clear, there's no problem with 4x v 10x wrt the game (I use the 4x nifs in my late-issue game without trouble), but it's not possible at present to transfer elements between versions, or to convert a 4x to 10x or vice versa.

You haven't answered my question though ... Is it best to scale the frame, or the mesh, when facing a mismatch? Does it matter?
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: clarification Reply with quote

In the example using the barmaid frame to use as a barmaid we need to scale the mesh to match the frame.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming.
So ... what's up with that Katrina nif in your uploads? That's a heck of a fine model, if we could rig it into the game.
I had been messing with it a bit (hope you dont mind) but have had to set modding aside for awhile.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: katrina katrina Reply with quote

my hearts a drina ( Confused ). Katerina is just 1 super cool character good sea vixen, uber villain, whatever, However, she's 18,500 vertex vs the 4500ish max pirates can handle. I tried to decimate her to be functional but it took to much away. I was (am) using her to try to get the lo poly drives hi poly concept. Working a bit on modding but am building an Anet A8 3d printer, 2 desktop com's, and 1 laptop, so ... only so many hours in a day.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hope you guys can come up with some fine looking women to take over the Caribbean, East Indies or even one of my wild fictional places. I can't find enough time at the moment to do even a simple text edit or even just a five minute game play would be nice.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Well I hope you guys can come up with some fine looking women to take over the Caribbean, East Indies or even one of my wild fictional places. I can't find enough time at the moment to do even a simple text edit or even just a five minute game play would be nice.

Sorry mate, I'm out of action for the near future as well. Springtime is coming and we've got to get our beds ready for early veggies. I haven't even been playing games much last few weeks.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well alrighty then. I guess we all have other lives besides entertaining folks here so go ahead and do whatever you need to do and hopefully we will see you back in action before long. I might turn that Cotg into a ship captain if you don’t mind. I have a topless version already made up before you fixed that pistol bug etc.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: 3D printer Reply with quote

Got the 3D printer up and running so have been busy using 3ds Max for new things. Hope to get back to making the plain daughter less plain soon.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D printer Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
Got the 3D printer up and running so have been busy using 3ds Max for new things. Hope to get back to making the plain daughter less plain soon.

Have fun with your new toy. Are you planning on making a new nif for the plain daughter or redoing the original?
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: blast Reply with quote

still having a blast with the 3d printer. Learned a lot of things that could influence why our models may not always appear right. Plain Daug: just to get it made I took the beautiful daug legs mod whacked off her head put the plain head on tightened up the "beehive" hairdo and added the curls on the side. Rendered perfect in 3ds max, animation wasn't tooooo bad, but no show in game. When I went to redo in max I have never been able to get her to render again.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I suggest leaving the original head on but instead putting a paper bag over it. That ought to downgrade the part you intended to make ugly anyway. Smile Nevermind me just joking of course.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: 555 Reply with quote

555 Laughing That's Ha Ha Ha in Thai.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Thai girl face might be easier then replacing the whole head. Just grab three girls from ugly to stunning and and mod their faces onto the Spanish daughters who are a little more darker complected then the other women and bingo we'll be in business.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: